Does the bible mention Mohammed (the last prophet of Islam) ?

So your blaming Jesus for what happend prior to his existence, even though he never harmed anyone in his life? While at the same time saying mohammed was ok because he only had one life to fill with rape, mass murder, theft, brigandry, child molestation? etc etc :thumbsup: ok then.:o

Depends on what you believe. If you think that 'Jesus' is who most Christians believe he is - part if the Trinity, etc. - then, yes; he's responsible. If you believe that 'jesus' was really just an itinerant Jewish preacher who was executed, then no; he's not responsible. But, ontheotherhand, most of the New Testament was written decades after his death, so we can't really know what he did.

Jesus has only ever taught LOVE, PEACE & Forgiveness by his actions and his words. anyone who says any different to that has a closed mind and will never except the truth and only want to argue, Christ showed love for everyone even those that do not believe by taking upon himself everyones pains sorrows & sins in the garden & then allowing himself to be crusified for all of mankind, can we not also learn to love our fellow man as we are commanded to Love the Lord thy God with all thy might mind and soul, the second is like unto it Love thy neighbor as thyself if we all did this there would be peace in all the world, you have to have an open mind to learn anything in this life.

I believe that there is a supreme being namely Heavenly Father who all are answerable to even his son Jesus Christ who fullfilled his fathers plan so that we can all by our faithfullness and love for others can return and live with them share and inherit all that our father in heaven has.

Albert

Why do you believe that?

He fits the bill, perfectly. Both by his actions and the actions of his cult. He is sold as an Arabic Jesus. Nothing could be further from the truth. Side by side they are opposites in actions. So much so the expression 'antichrist' fits him very well. Of course now news is just soundbites, way to many decent people think his CULT is just an Arabic form of Christianity. It is not. Again the proof is in his actions.

Muslims tend to focus solely on the good characteristics of their prophet, and to completely ignore less admirable qualities. Muhammad began robbing caravans after leaving Mecca. As a result, greed soon became one of the primary factors in people’s rapid conversion to Islam. Indeed, Muhammad deliberately used the spoils of war to lure people to Islam. When he was criticized for the way he distributed his new found wealth, he replied, “Are you disturbed in mind because of the good things of this life by which I win over a people that they may become Muslims while I entrust you to your Islam?”

Although Muhammad patiently endured persecution in Mecca, his attitude quickly changed when his numbers grew in Medina. Soon he would tolerate no criticism whatsoever. According to our earliest biographical source, a man named Abu Afak—who was more than a hundred years old—wrote a poem criticizing people for converting to Islam. Muhammad demanded he be killed, and Abu Afak was murdered in his sleep. When a woman named Asma heard that Muslims had killed such an elderly man, she wrote a poem calling for people to take a stand against Islam.Ibn Ishaq relates what happened next:

When the apostle heard what she had said he said, “Who will rid me of Marwan’s daughter?” Umayr bin Adiy al-Khatmi who was with him heard him, and that very night he went to her house and killed her. In the morning he came to the apostle and told him what he had done and he said, “You have helped God and His apostle, O Umayr!” When he asked if he would have to bear any evil consequences the apostle said, “Two goats won’t butt their heads about her,” so Umayr went back to his people.

Muhammad’s violence was directed towards groups as well. Muhammad once said to his followers, “I will expel the Jews and Christians from the Arabian Peninsula and will not leave any but Muslims.”The Jews of Qurayza resisted Muhammad and attempted to form an alliance against him. When the alliance faltered, Muhammad acted quickly. His armies surrounded them and “besieged them for twenty-five nights until they were sore pressed and God cast terror into their hearts.”

Then they surrendered, and the apostle confined them in Medina. . . . Then the apostle went out to the market of Medina (which is still its market today) and dug trenches in it. Then he sent for them and struck off their heads in those trenches as they were brought out to him in batches. . . . There were 600 or 700 in all, though some put the figure as high as 800 or 900.

Every male who had reached puberty was killed. Muhammad divided the women, children, and property among his men (taking a fifth of the spoils for himself).

But things get worse.As the Muslim armies raided town after town, they captured many women, who would often be sold or traded. Yet, since the Muslim men were a long way from their wives, they needed wisdom from Allah to guide them in their treatment of their female captives. It wasn’t long before Muhammad received a revelation allowing the soldiers to sleep with the women:

Allah’s Messenger sent an army to Autas and encountered the enemy and fought with them. Having overcome them and taken them captives, the Companions of Allah’s Messenger seemed to refrain from having intercourse with captive women because of their husbands being polytheists. Then Allah, Most High, sent down regarding that: “And women already married, except those whom your right hands possess” (i.e. they were lawful for them when their ‘Idda period came to an end).

Meaning

Iddah

Grammar: word;

A woman's prescribed waiting period after divorce or death of husband. It is 4 months and 10 days.

If there was no period of iddah and the woman married another man and discovered she was pregnant then she would be unable to tell who the father of the child was. Iddah solves this potential problem. Iddah also applies in the situation where a woman converts while she is married to a none-Muslim husband, she has 4 months and 10 days for him to accept Islam or else the marriage dissolves.

This verse of the Qur’an (4:24), along with others (23:1-6; 33:50; 70:22-30), granted Muslims the right to have sex with their female captives and slave girls, even those who were still married or who were going to be sold or traded.

Perhaps most disturbing of all is the fact that Muslims could have sex with girls who hadn’t even reached puberty. The opening verses of Chapter 65 of the Qur’an present Islamic rules for divorce. According to 65:4, if a Muslim divorces a girl who hasn’t yet reached puberty, he must wait three months to make sure she isn’t pregnant.

Muhammad himself had sex with a prepubescent girl. His courtship of Aisha began when she was only six years old. Muhammad had a dream about her, which led him to believe that God wanted him to marry the young girl. Fortunately, Muhammad waited three years before having sex with her; nevertheless, Muslim sources report that Aisha still hadn’t reached puberty. The more you dig the worse his actions get.

Why have you just cut and paste from another obviously evangelical website with information which once again fails to provide the proof you claim to have.

You said you had proof that Revalations spoke about Mohammad and that Mohammad was the antiChrist.

All you have done is show that you dislike Mohammad, and base that dislike on dodgy evangelical websites.

The entire mish mash of a post I've just quoted does nothing to support your claim Mohammad is the antiChrist.

Your pitiful and tiresome argument to 'look at his actions' is irrelevant to your claim, unless you are claiming that thousands of people throughout history which include some Muslims, some Christians, some secularists (etc, etc including all 'groups', religious and otherwise) are all the (note, singular) antiChrist.

You could of course add genuine credance to your claim by answering the questions you keep running in circles to avoid.

PaliRichard: I know because I have studied the scriptures[/Quote]

That's not knowledge, it's belief.

I have studied the scriptures of many religions but that doesn't mean I 'know' they are the truth. I happen to believe one of the religions is the truth, but I don't 'know'.

if you read the verses before and after it tells you who it is it is Jesus Christ himself talking[/Quote]

No it doesn't, this is your interpretation, which is why I directed you to the link the O/P provided which addresses some of those verses from the Islamic position.

I have noticed however you don't seem to want to make comment on the Islamic interpretation, I would be interested in a point by point analysis of that interpretation by yourself.

the only way for anyone to know the truth is to have an open mind[/Quote]

You're starting to sound like Borderline now. I have an open mind, that is why I question.

read, study[/Quote]

I do, lots thankyou.

and ask[/Quote]

Ask who?

This is interesting for me because in Buddhism we have a strict checklist to see if the people making religious claims are doing so in line with the teachings. This checklist is invaluable because it allows someone new to the religion to see if they are getting 'good' teachings even at the beginning - rather than just jumping in and listening to someone with any old interpretation that may be a million miles away from what the teachings actually mean.

This checklist also it seems is exclusive to Buddhism.

Also regarding this, I have asked another poster (at his own invitation) several questions based on his claims and instead of answering them he has merely become angry and (it seems despite hanging around the forum) disappeared from the discussion.

If we who are open ask, and the questions don't fit with what the religious want us to ask, it seems all we get as an answer is silence, anger, or the rather ironic 'You aren't open'.

as it says in James 1:5: If any of you lack wisdom let him ask of God that giveth to all men liberally and upbraideth not and it shall be given him, End quote verse 6 says But let him ask in faith nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. it means if you do not have an open mind you will never get the answers you look for because only God can give people spiritual answers to spiritual questions[/Quote]

No it doesn't, what it means is he of faith should be strong in that faith and not allow doubts to push that faith aside. The passage itself clearly says this. What it doesn't relate to is the interpretation you seem to be placing on it and that is if you are a man without faith you have to open yourself to God to allow those answers in, which gives you the simplistic excuse that if you don't agree with the question you can merely say 'You're not open'.

How do you know this is about Jesus?

Bear in mind I said 'know' and not believe.

You are of course entitled to believe it is about Jesus, I am not questioning your belief but your ascertion that this verse is not about Mohammad but Jesus, which implies you have some overwhealming evidence for your interpretation.

Deuteronomy refers to neither Jesus [who, by the way, was a Jew] nor Mohammed.

Originally Posted by foxsocks

He fits the bill, perfectly. Both by his actions and the actions of his cult. He is sold as an Arabic Jesus. Nothing could be further from the truth. Side by side they are opposites in actions. So much so the expression 'antichrist' fits him very well. Of course now news is just soundbites, way to many decent people think his CULT is just an Arabic form of Christianity. It is not. Again the proof is in his actions.

Muslims tend to focus solely on the good characteristics of their prophet, and to completely ignore less admirable qualities. Muhammad began robbing caravans after leaving Mecca. As a result, greed soon became one of the primary factors in people’s rapid conversion to Islam. Indeed, Muhammad deliberately used the spoils of war to lure people to Islam. When he was criticized for the way he distributed his new found wealth, he replied, “Are you disturbed in mind because of the good things of this life by which I win over a people that they may become Muslims while I entrust you to your Islam?”

Although Muhammad patiently endured persecution in Mecca, his attitude quickly changed when his numbers grew in Medina. Soon he would tolerate no criticism whatsoever. According to our earliest biographical source, a man named Abu Afak—who was more than a hundred years old—wrote a poem criticizing people for converting to Islam. Muhammad demanded he be killed, and Abu Afak was murdered in his sleep. When a woman named Asma heard that Muslims had killed such an elderly man, she wrote a poem calling for people to take a stand against Islam.Ibn Ishaq relates what happened next:

When the apostle heard what she had said he said, “Who will rid me of Marwan’s daughter?” Umayr bin Adiy al-Khatmi who was with him heard him, and that very night he went to her house and killed her. In the morning he came to the apostle and told him what he had done and he said, “You have helped God and His apostle, O Umayr!” When he asked if he would have to bear any evil consequences the apostle said, “Two goats won’t butt their heads about her,” so Umayr went back to his people.

Muhammad’s violence was directed towards groups as well. Muhammad once said to his followers, “I will expel the Jews and Christians from the Arabian Peninsula and will not leave any but Muslims.”The Jews of Qurayza resisted Muhammad and attempted to form an alliance against him. When the alliance faltered, Muhammad acted quickly. His armies surrounded them and “besieged them for twenty-five nights until they were sore pressed and God cast terror into their hearts.”

Then they surrendered, and the apostle confined them in Medina. . . . Then the apostle went out to the market of Medina (which is still its market today) and dug trenches in it. Then he sent for them and struck off their heads in those trenches as they were brought out to him in batches. . . . There were 600 or 700 in all, though some put the figure as high as 800 or 900.

Every male who had reached puberty was killed. Muhammad divided the women, children, and property among his men (taking a fifth of the spoils for himself).

But things get worse.As the Muslim armies raided town after town, they captured many women, who would often be sold or traded. Yet, since the Muslim men were a long way from their wives, they needed wisdom from Allah to guide them in their treatment of their female captives. It wasn’t long before Muhammad received a revelation allowing the soldiers to sleep with the women:

Allah’s Messenger sent an army to Autas and encountered the enemy and fought with them. Having overcome them and taken them captives, the Companions of Allah’s Messenger seemed to refrain from having intercourse with captive women because of their husbands being polytheists. Then Allah, Most High, sent down regarding that: “And women already married, except those whom your right hands possess” (i.e. they were lawful for them when their ‘Idda period came to an end).

Meaning

Iddah

Grammar: word;

A woman's prescribed waiting period after divorce or death of husband. It is 4 months and 10 days.

If there was no period of iddah and the woman married another man and discovered she was pregnant then she would be unable to tell who the father of the child was. Iddah solves this potential problem. Iddah also applies in the situation where a woman converts while she is married to a none-Muslim husband, she has 4 months and 10 days for him to accept Islam or else the marriage dissolves.

This verse of the Qur’an (4:24), along with others (23:1-6; 33:50; 70:22-30), granted Muslims the right to have sex with their female captives and slave girls, even those who were still married or who were going to be sold or traded.

Perhaps most disturbing of all is the fact that Muslims could have sex with girls who hadn’t even reached puberty. The opening verses of Chapter 65 of the Qur’an present Islamic rules for divorce. According to 65:4, if a Muslim divorces a girl who hasn’t yet reached puberty, he must wait three months to make sure she isn’t pregnant.

Muhammad himself had sex with a prepubescent girl. His courtship of Aisha began when she was only six years old. Muhammad had a dream about her, which led him to believe that God wanted him to marry the young girl. Fortunately, Muhammad waited three years before having sex with her; nevertheless, Muslim sources report that Aisha still hadn’t reached puberty. The more you dig the worse his actions get.

Interesting post. I will have to cross check it more, but quite damming stuff if true. Does or could give weight to posters argument. We shall see.

Interesting post. I will have to cross check it more, but quite damming stuff if true. Does or could give weight to posters argument. We shall see.

It has nothing to do with the posters argument, he has already tripped himself up regarding his argument, his criteria, and his (lack of) proof.

Btw hello gotone.

I notice you did your usual trick of disappearing after I addressed post #81 to you, that's very naughty you know disappearing when the topic gets difficult then returning when you think people have forgotten what you've said.

Archived