Work in retirement or received reduced pension!!

WeX

That man is a total, total arse. I try to weigh up the merits of most political statements but this is devoid of any. Cut pensions for not working once you've retired from working ???? Bobbins !!!

Alot of retired people do work - a glance into most charity shops will tell you that, and I've just read how a bunch of retirees restored a ww1 airfield. And we're coming up to a generation where they didn't all work all the time, there will be a few career unemployed in those numbers. But none of that matters. They've won. They've got to an age where they can, work, volenteer, holiday or sit in a chair watching countdown waiting to die. They should NOT be penalised for any of those decisions.

Pensions are the biggest part of the benefit bill. Pensions are unfunded. Older people HAVE NOT paid into the system, they have taken out.

If the unemployed are to work for their dole, then it is only fair for pensioners to work for their pensions.

In the interest of fairness we should also make people on tax credits work for their tax credits.

Pensions are the biggest part of the benefit bill. Pensions are unfunded. Older people HAVE NOT paid into the system, they have taken out.

If the unemployed are to work for their dole, then it is only fair for pensioners to work for their pensions.

In the interest of fairness we should also make people on tax credits work for their tax credits.

I have worked all my adult life since I was 17 years old and paid into a system to ensure that I receive a pension when I am of pension age (which is, at the moment, four years later than originally promised and will probably be later). I have never claimed any benefits whatsover and have worked for 40 years. Are you saying that I don't deserve the pension that I have worked so hard for?

Are you saying that I don't deserve the pension that I have worked so hard for?

Far be it from me to put words in Chemists mouth but as I understand it, you deserve to get out what you put in, but that won't last very long. Unless you drop dead within "X" years of retirement then you will be taking more than you could possibly have contributed.

Far be it from me to put words in Chemists mouth but as I understand it, you deserve to get out what you put in, but that won't last very long. Unless you drop dead within "X" years of retirement then you will be taking more than you could possibly have contributed.

Aye, assuming 6% of salary paid as pension. Let's say for 50 years (up until being 67). Then one will have paid in enough for 3 years pension of average salary.

And if your a chain smoking alcoholic that pays vast amounts of DUTY, maybe you have paid enough to cover the state pension that you get regardless.

Before we start measuring benefits like; free bus pass, fuel allowance, free scripts etc.

Archived