Trainline won't refund me for tickets bought in error

Bought a ticket from trainline online but made a mistake with the destinations - phoned up the second after for a cancellation, refund or transfer. Trainline won't do it because it's online! wtf!

So now, can't sell it, they do not offer refunds and can't transfer the e-ticket because you need original card. I mean I haven't even got the ticket so I don't know how they can get away with not offering customer service...

I must have booked 1000 tickets with trainline, but now they will never get another penny of my money, it's bad for them.

I have contacted citizens advice , they mentioned 'distance selling regulations' but then I found out rail companies are exempt!!! the best thing to do i put in a formal letter of complaint.

Does anybody know of any legislation I can hit them with to get my money back?

I mean with everything online there is a cooling off period of 7 days...even a gym membership or mobile phone contract which is notoriously hard to get out of, this applies, why is this online company any different? aarrrgh!

IIRC there are at least 2 or 3 confirmation screens before you're charged for the tickets so why didn't you noticed this mistake on those before you hit pay?

I agree that it's bad that Trainline won't refund them but it is your own fault for not checking on those screens.

Because I was tired and I got the destinations the wrong way round...sh@t happens. The point is this will have happened to a number of other people who have also lost their money.

I will write a letter today and see if I get my money back...if I do, I will be sending this to OFT because trainline are obviously culpable.

Because I was tired and I got the destinations the wrong way round...sh@t happens. The point is this will have happened to a number of other people who have also lost their money.

I will write a letter today and see if I get my money back...if I do, I will be sending this to OFT because trainline are obviously culpable.

They're not culpable..they sold you what you asked for...

They're not culpable..they sold you what you asked for...

Now I require a refund / transfer or to be able to sell the goods. That's fair I think. You would not buy some clothes / a car / a phone / anything online without being able to refund/transfer etc.? consumer rights and all that...

Can anyone offer any useful advice ??

Now I require a refund / transfer or to be able to sell the goods. That's fair I think. You would not buy some clothes / a car / a phone / anything online without being able to refund/transfer etc.? consumer rights and all that...

Can anyone offer any useful advice ??

Yeah..take a bit more care online.. :) Sorry... what do the Ts and Cs say...? Consumer rights..? If you'd bought the wrong thing at a shop do you automatically get a refund/exchange etc? Is there any onus on the business to do that if there isn't a fault with it? Genuine question.

IIRC there are at least 2 or 3 confirmation screens before you're charged for the tickets so why didn't you noticed this mistake on those before you hit pay?

I agree that it's bad that Trainline won't refund them but it is your own fault for not checking on those screens.

It's his fault for not checking the screens, that he's bought something he doesn't want.

It's Trainline's fault for being unreasonable, that they won't have TJC1 as a customer again.

Archived