Trainline won't refund me for tickets bought in error

Why are you using the trainline anyway? They're generally more expensive than most of the ticket retailers thanks to thier booking fees.

Use one of the train operators in future as they all sell the exact same tickets* for the exact same price (excluding certain special promotions), and don't charge a booking fee. Plus if you use your local operator, you can go to an actual ticket office if theres a problem.

* You don't have to use EMT form EMT trains, and Northern for Northern trains, they all sell tickets for the other operators services.

Amendments can be made on certain tickets bought through Trainline -here

If you can change it they will charge a minimum of £10 plus any difference in ticket price.

Don't use Trainline they cost more- they have to cover the price of the ticket/adverts/card fees/wages etc. before they can make a profit.

The best rate is nearly always the from the train company(ies) you are travelling with.

There are two different ticketing systems in use by all sellers. Sometimes there are availability differences and so price differences. So check 1)ECML and 2)EMT or XCountry or Nothern etc as they use different sytems.

Since you have bought 1000+ tickets from Trainline in the past, in the future you are going to save thousands of pounds by not using them.

Yeah..take a bit more care online.. :) Sorry... what do the Ts and Cs say...? Consumer rights..? If you'd bought the wrong thing at a shop do you automatically get a refund/exchange etc? Is there any onus on the business to do that if there isn't a fault with it? Genuine question.

Of course there is. You buy the wrong thing in a shop you get at least a credit note / exchange if not a refund....I've never been to a shop who does not offer this on unused products...

Amendments can be made on certain tickets bought through Trainline -here

If you can change it they will charge a minimum of £10 plus any difference in ticket price.

Don't use Trainline they cost more- they have to cover the price of the ticket/adverts/card fees/wages etc. before they can make a profit.

The best rate is nearly always the from the train company(ies) you are travelling with.

There are two different ticketing systems in use by all sellers. Sometimes there are availability differences and so price differences. So check 1)ECML and 2)EMT or XCountry or Nothern etc as they use different sytems.

Since you have bought 1000+ tickets from Trainline in the past, in the future you are going to save thousands of pounds by not using them.

thanks for the info. I'll use the operators from now on.

Done the same with one of the two cheaper budget hotels. Booked 3 rooms, paid, discounted for booking early, realised they were the wrong date, logged back on, no refund offered. Had to book three more for the correct date. Lesson learned - double check the bloody dates.

Angel.

Done the same with one of the two cheaper budget hotels. Booked 3 rooms, paid, discounted for booking early, realised they were the wrong date, logged back on, no refund offered. Had to book three more for the correct date. Lesson learned - double check the bloody dates.

Angel.

I hope you booked with a different hotel? Lesson learned does not make it acceptable. You are their customer and they should try to help in situations like this.

The only thing they care about is publicity, so get the story out.

I hope you booked with a different hotel? Lesson learned does not make it acceptable. You are their customer and they should try to help in situations like this.

The only thing they care about is publicity, so get the story out.

Tripadvisor.com is a useful website to find out about hotels.

Or to tell others about them.

It's his fault for not checking the screens, that he's bought something he doesn't want.

It's Trainline's fault for being unreasonable, that they won't have TJC1 as a customer again.

Got to agree here.

CEX just lost me as a customer over £1.55 they're refusing to refund me & they are liable for it. I'll still get a refund through PayPal, but I wont be shopping there again.

Good customer service more than pays for itself in repeat business.

Archived