Alleged No 10 links to paedophile ring

Today's Sunday Times reports that a dossier naming 22 high profile people including three Members of Parliament and three members of the House of Lords has been handed to Scotland Yard.

This was reported on page 9.

Meanwhile on the front page it was reported that Hartlepool want to sign Ched Evans.

Today's Sunday Times reports that a dossier naming 22 high profile people including three Members of Parliament and three members of the House of Lords has been handed to Scotland Yard.

This was reported on page 9.

Meanwhile on the front page it was reported that Hartlepool want to sign Ched Evans.

Says in the Metro this morning that they were operating 5 rings, 14 were tories, 5 were Labour and 3 were from other parties, one of which was probably Cyril Smith. 13 of those were said to be former ministers

Says in the Metro this morning that they were operating 5 rings, 14 were tories, 5 were Labour and 3 were from other parties, one of which was probably Cyril Smith. 13 of those were said to be former ministers

If you think about it this is a huge number of people given the relatively small pool of MPs and Peers.

It's made me wonder whether someone with paedophilic tendencies would be attracted to a position of power, where they feel they can control others and crucially, feel they have a better chance of covering up what they are doing....I've probably not explained myself very well....

If you think about it this is a huge number of people given the relatively small pool of MPs and Peers.

It's made me wonder whether someone with paedophilic tendencies would be attracted to a position of power, where they feel they can control others and crucially, feel they have a better chance of covering up what they are doing....I've probably not explained myself very well....

I have been off line and abroad for some time. Has there been any mention of Lord Boothby yet? He was alleged to be involved with Ronnie Kray and while they were known to be gay they clearly had a liking for very young boys. Also Tom Driberg.

I know what you mean, it's possible. It's been said mainly times that some politicans, people in authority, celebrities and such consider themselves above the law.

I have been off line and abroad for some time. Has there been any mention of Lord Boothby yet? He was alleged to be involved with Ronnie Kray and while they were known to be gay they clearly had a liking for very young boys. Also Tom Driberg.

I don't think so....I'm only assuming that the file John Mann MP passed to the police contains information about living, sitting members (or ex members) of the Commons and Lords.

I just hope Mann has photocopied the file he passed to the Met Police. Recent history tells us such files are apt to become 'mislaid' :suspect:

People who have an agenda, particularly a sexual one, will attempt to obtain a position where they can exploit an advantage.

Personally, I tend to feel sympathy for other normal decent people who wish to work in that profession, and then tend to get tarred with the same brush whilst being completely innocent.

Two that spring to mind are Catholic Priests and Police officers, I was raised a Catholic, and also worked in a job which brought me in constant contact with the Police for over 28 years.

I've met loads of good Priests and many good Police officers but the facts are that certain individuals were attracted to those jobs because they were able to take advantage of the position.

This will lead to an imbalance in the percentage of those who commit crimes in those professions as opposed to the general public.

What needs to be thoroughly investigated in this case is the coverup, which had to have taken place in order for these people to have got away with it for so long.

Only two choices exist here, either the Police and Security services were complicity in what happened, or they were totally incompetent.

I have no idea which it was, but Jimmy Savile spent several Christmas Eves with Margaret Thatcher as her guest at Chequers.

Either they knew he was a pervert and didn't think it a problem, or ,despite the numerous complaints as to his behavior to police forces throughout the country they were unaware.

Neither of those possibilities is acceptable, they were either condoning illegal behavour or unaware it was taking place by an individual they allowed personal access to the Prime Minister.

The Whitewash has already been ordered, do not expect to learn the truth of the matter, c'est la vie.

People who have an agenda, particularly a sexual one, will attempt to obtain a position where they can exploit an advantage.

Personally, I tend to feel sympathy for other normal decent people who wish to work in that profession, and then tend to get tarred with the same brush whilst being completely innocent.

Two that spring to mind are Catholic Priests and Police officers, I was raised a Catholic, and also worked in a job which brought me in constant contact with the Police for over 28 years.

I've met loads of good Priests and many good Police officers but the facts are that certain individuals were attracted to those jobs because they were able to take advantage of the position.

This will lead to an imbalance in the percentage of those who commit crimes in those professions as opposed to the general public.

What needs to be thoroughly investigated in this case is the coverup, which had to have taken place in order for these people to have got away with it for so long.

Only two choices exist here, either the Police and Security services were complicity in what happened, or they were totally incompetent.

I have no idea which it was, but Jimmy Savile spent several Christmas Eves with Margaret Thatcher as her guest at Chequers.

Either they knew he was a pervert and didn't think it a problem, or ,despite the numerous complaints as to his behavior to police forces throughout the country they were unaware.

Neither of those possibilities is acceptable, they were either condoning illegal behavour or unaware it was taking place by an individual they allowed personal access to the Prime Minister.

The Whitewash has already been ordered, do not expect to learn the truth of the matter, c'est la vie.

I suspect social media and forums like this will ensure that no whitewash takes place.

If I were the Home Secretary I would appoint a foreigner possibly Canadian Aussie or similar to head the enquiry.

---------- Post added 23-12-2014 at 18:14 ----------

I don't think so....I'm only assuming that the file John Mann MP passed to the police contains information about living, sitting members (or ex members) of the Commons and Lords.

I just hope Mann has photocopied the file he passed to the Met Police. Recent history tells us such files are apt to become 'mislaid' :suspect:

Sorry I am a bit out of touch, my understanding was that Yew Tree was looking into historical sex offences with Saville at its core. Is this a different enquiry?