Alleged No 10 links to paedophile ring

2 minutes ago, Anna B said:

2% of the population are said to be paedophiles. That means that of the 800 members of parliament at least 16 will have paedophile tendencies. That's certainly enough to form a covert paedophile ring.

I remember back in the 1970's some politician wanted the age of consent reduced to 4!

My bold 

Please don't be bigoted. They are MAP's not paedophiles 

Apparently 

32 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I wasn't wrong at all. 

As you can see I said that the Met Police were investigating Lord Brittan. Which was true, they did investigate him.

IIRC Lord Brittan passed away before it was found out he was totally innocent.

Not sure why you've put a laughing emoji next to my post. Obviously something has tickled you....

Not defending him but Saville passed away before anything was proved 

32 minutes ago, Anna B said:

2% of the population are said to be paedophiles. That means that of the 800 members of parliament at least 16 will have paedophile tendencies. It will never be proved or otherwise, but that's certainly enough to form a covert paedophile ring.

I remember back in the 1970's or 80's some politician wanted the age of consent reduced to 4!

Name him please.

12 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Not defending him but Saville passed away before anything was proved 

Name him please.

I can't remember now. 

But he was a member of the Paedophile Information Exchange (PIE) and clashed with MP Peter Hain. 

Cyril Smith MP was even given a knighthood after it was known he was a paedophile. Fortunately, like Jimmy Saville, he was dead when the story broke.   

11 hours ago, Anna B said:

2% of the population are said to be paedophiles. That means that of the 800 members of parliament at least 16 will have paedophile tendencies. It will never be proved or otherwise, but that's certainly enough to form a covert paedophile ring.

That's a couple of bloody big leaps.

I remember back in the 1970's or 80's some politician wanted the age of consent reduced to 4!

Fact check: No evidence of any attempt to lower the age of consent to 4.

Posts on social media claim some people are trying to lower the legal age of consent to four years old. Reuters found no evidence to support this claim which appears to be another conspiracy theory. Research led to no politician, mainstream publication or public figure credibly arguing for the age of consent to be lowered to 4.

Most iterations and posts making the claim include the hashtag ‘SaveOurChildren’ which The New York Times reported in August was being shared by followers of the QAnon group that is best-known for spreading a conspiracy theory about a supposed child-trafficking ring at a Washington pizzeria.

The link between the National Council for Civil Liberties, PIE and certain (not then) politicians in the 70s is covered here, concerning proposals made by the NCCL to reduce the age of consent to 14 or 10 for 'consenting sexual activity between two young people'.  Of course, all have since dissociated themselves or backtracked.

Edited by Guest