Keep left unless overtaking; hogging the outside lane

Has anyone noticed that overtaking, even when done perfectly safely, now raises angry reactions in many people? If anyone overtakes them, despite the fact they are 15mph below speed limit, they flash their lights and wave angrily. Now what's that all about?

Yup, had that before on Wooley Wood bottom. Overtook somebody doing 40mph (it's an NSL road), got the flashing lights, what a retard.

Has anyone noticed that overtaking, even when done perfectly safely, now raises angry reactions in many people? If anyone overtakes them, despite the fact they are 15mph below speed limit, they flash their lights and wave angrily. Now what's that all about?
Part and parcel of recession-gripped mindsets, and only likely to get worse with time (until things 'improve'). Green eyed monster and all that, and a lower tolerance/respect threshold than ever before.

You should blow them kisses in such situations, in my experience it either completely kills out the tension (and sometimes even gets a genuine laugh out of them - especially ladies!), or riles them up further to coronary-tickling levels (which is no bad thing).

Not noticed this behaviour at all. Besides, 15mph below the speed limit is very very slow.

I've noticed more idiots as described by alchresearch provoking angry reactions, but not for simply overtaking in a safe manner.

It's the same kind of mentality when there are 2 lanes of traffic filtering into one lane half a mile ahead. People would rather get in the left lane, causing more of a bottleneck than to use the second lane for what it was designed for.

You always get people flashing and trying to drive as close to the car in front as possible to make a point of not letting you in. They clearly have very little in their life.

It's the same kind of mentality when there are 2 lanes of traffic filtering into one lane half a mile ahead. People would rather get in the left lane, causing more of a bottleneck than to use the second lane for what it was designed for.

You always get people flashing and trying to drive as close to the car in front as possible to make a point of not letting you in. They clearly have very little in their life.

That could all be solved by a "merge in turn" sign..although why people don't realise that this is this is the best way to do things is beyond me...

Or the mentality of drivers who use a 'Right Turn Only' lane to barge into a congested 'Straight On' lane. Their time is obviously more important.

Anyone who travels to Manchester over the Woodhead probably knows where I mean.

Or the mentality of drivers who use a 'Right Turn Only' lane to barge into a congested 'Straight On' lane. Their time is obviously more important.

Anyone who travels to Manchester over the Woodhead probably knows where I mean.

That's a different scenario completely.

I'm talking about using the road as its was designed by filtering in (such as Mosbro bypass). So many people would rather just stick to the left lane, causing an unnecessary tailback and then get annoyed when someone has the cheek to use the other, empty lane.

Archived