Keep left unless overtaking; hogging the outside lane

I said "sit", not just being in the middle lane. There is a difference. The problem is, as a lot of forum members have said, is that this practice causes normal driving to be disrupted. If I were driving in the inside lane, approaching a clown sat dawdling in the middle lane going slower than me, his/her actions are causing me to either slow down, undertake or cross all three lanes to overtake the idiot.

That makes this discussion very valid indeed, which in turn, makes you're reply very silly indeed, so please feel free to button it.:suspect:

More precisely you said "sit in the middle lane for no reason", and then asked "can a reasonable explaination be given?".

Well, err, no.

End of discussion.

:hihi:

More precisely you said "sit in the middle lane for no reason", and then asked "can a reasonable explaination be given?".

Well, err, no.

End of discussion.

Take it on the chin, learn from from it. Move on. Be nice. Pull up a chair.

The outside lane is for OVERTAKING ONLY.

It's not your personal lane to practise the NSL in. You should pull back in after you've overtaken the truck or whatever was in the inside lane.

I quite often see some plonker sit in the outside lane next to me but not overtake me. Then someone will come roaring up behind them, and instead of moving out of the way they'll start to play chicken by braking sharply to scare the person behind them.

Not only is this moronically dangerous but if they cause a crash then I'll probably be hit too.

Just to be extra annoying & dangerous these people that drive in the overtaking lane to practice driving at the NSL often think it's 60 on a dual carriageway, it's 70 (for a car, motorbike, or car-derived van up to 2 ton).

• 2 weeks later...

The language is atrocious, but that is very funny.

He gave him several chances to get out of the way, and the idiot did exactly what a few posters are advising or claiming to do on another thread at the moment, and presumably paid the price.

Archived