Keep left unless overtaking; hogging the outside lane

If you drive down Abbeydale Rd be warned. There's some idiotic taxi drivers down there. At the junction with Broadfield Rd, I've twice been undertaken at the lights and then cut up. Probably someone else took the driving test one thinks:hihi:

If you drive down Abbeydale Rd be warned. There's some idiotic taxi drivers down there. At the junction with Broadfield Rd, I've twice been undertaken at the lights and then cut up. Probably someone else took the driving test one thinks:hihi:

That will be because they are in the bus lane and then they pull out into the outside lane at the bus stop?

I know plenty of reasonable, decent people who change behind the wheel of a car. They feel completely invincible and behave without any consideration for others.

Is anyone else out there sick of seeing people driving and talking on their mobile phones? So many drivers flout the law and believe that they have to answer their mobile phone whenever it rings. I cannot believe those calls are so important that they would risk public safety (as well as their own).

I try to stick to the speed limits, but I am always amazed at the number of people being aggressive behind me because I do. Invariably they are also chatting on their mobile phones.

That seems unlikely (the bit about speed limits and mobiles).

I don't begrudge people sticking to the posted limits, but they are often not appropriate for the road or prevailing conditions, I don't need a mobile in my hand to see this.

• 5 months later...

Following on from the 20mph thread and breaking speed limits,I was on the 2 lane A14 yesterday and was just about to overtake 2 lorries travelling nose to tail.

The rear one signalled and pulled out to o/t the one in front.

It took him 10 minutes to complete the manouever by which time there was a long queue behind me.

Why do they do it, what is the b....y point because he stayed just in front of the lorry he'd just overtaken?

That was not an isolated incident either.:rant::rant:

They are selfish sods, that's why.

Motorway and trunk road congestion would be hugely improved if we did the following:

Ban HGVs not only from the overtaking lane of motorways, but also from the middle lane, and the overtaking lane of dual carriageways.

Ban LGVs from the overtaking lane of motorways.

I drove a lot of miles, and see a lot of congestion - much of which is not easily avoidable.

The only regular occurrences I see that are avoidable result from what you describe above, and that could be dealt with by stopping HGVs from overtaking. we'd also have to enforce a minimum speed, so that slow wagons were banned from motorways to avoid snarling up the HGV traffic.

Archived