Keep left unless overtaking; hogging the outside lane

Try it sometime,you would have a different take on it

Don't get me wrong here, I know that it's hard work and I'm aware of the pressures to make time and get where you have to be, but to knowingly hold up dozens and dozens of other people for the sake of a few seconds for one person is unspeakably selfish.

Remember that if all HGV drivers were to try a little of the new-fangled courtesy thing, they'd be helping each other as well as the car drivers.

Don't get me wrong here, I know that it's hard work and I'm aware of the pressures to make time and get where you have to be, but to knowingly hold up dozens and dozens of other people for the sake of a few seconds for one person is unspeakably selfish.

Remember that if all HGV drivers were to try a little of the new-fangled courtesy thing, they'd be helping each other as well as the car drivers.

Ah but each event might be a few seconds or minutes to you(so why you moaning)to a truck driver that can be away from home over days slowing down at every turn can mean another day away.

if hes on the road for 2 days and lowers his average speed by 10mph helping you save a couple of minutes hes going to lose 2 hours or more.On top of that it puts him out of hours and has to wait in his truck at the side of the road getting crap sleep for a further 9 hours till he can drive again.to you its a couple of minutes,see where im coming from?

So whos the selfish ones?

Ah but each event might be a few seconds or minutes to you(so why you moaning)to a truck driver that can be away from home over days slowing down at every turn can mean another day away.

if hes on the road for 2 days and lowers his average speed by 10mph helping you save a couple of minutes hes going to lose 2 hours or more.On top of that it puts him out of hours and has to wait in his truck at the side of the road getting crap sleep for a further 9 hours till he can drive again.to you its a couple of minutes,see where im coming from?

So whos the selfish ones?

The many thousands of people who are delayed each day by wagon after wagon doing what the OP described. They, too, have homes to go to.

The many thousands of people who are delayed each day by wagon after wagon doing what the OP described. They, too, have homes to go to.

TRy this then next time you go on a long journey,you can accelerate as fast as you like but dont go faster than 54 mph ever,on single carraige ways do no more than 40mph see how it feels and report back

Archived