Norfolk Arms - what happened??

Nerra

I think credit is due to the current manager for his positive and helpful reply on here.

I don't think his explanation about "uneven distribution of mixtures" cuts it though. He'd have been better leaving that out - even if it's the case - it's no excuse but it just sounds like one. And the line about someone asking how the meal was "at the end of the meal" is also weak. If they knew they'd screwed up with the first burger there would have been even more reason to check, early on, that the second burger was up to scratch.

People don't like complaining - they generally don't bother. But they go away feeling upset and don't return - worse still, they tell others.

I pop in to the Norfolk Arms occasionally. I haven't eaten there for a while - I think the last time was in summer when they had a barbecue outside and that was ok - nothing remarkable - but ok.

But I do see a number of people dining there - especially on Sunday's - and again the food looks ok. It's not one of those places where I would turn around to my other half and go "wow, look at that - it looks great - we must eat here sometime".

As someone else has said - there are so many good places to go.

I think that attracting new custom means giving people a reason to break old habits. I've not seen or read anything in this thread to convince me that's happening sufficiently at this place. But I'll pop in occasionally for a beer that's for sure!

Good luck!

• 3 years later...

We went a couple of weeks ago for my birthday and couldn't fault it. The food was nice and the staff were pleasant and friendly, must be different people on different nights.

As I said, I enjoyed it and we are going again this week.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...