Dial House Club film shoot 1965 - were you there?

lowowl

Many thanks for the good wishes for the screening. We'll drive up from London to delliver the film prints and to see how it all goes. A friend told a friend whose mother is in the film. I wonder whether there will be more people like that.

I purchased the double DVD Roll Out the Barrel.

Unfortunately the Dial House section is in German but it is still very entertaining and brought back a lot of happy memories especially seeing my deceased cousin and his wife featured winning the bingo.

Hope to be there on Sunday.

I didn't realise the section on the 'Roll Out the Barrel' DVD featuring the 'A WMC in Sheffield' wasn't subtitled (probably still worth purchasing). As far as I'm aware the film being shown on Sunday at the Showroom will contain subtitles, according to the Goethe Institut website, the copy of the film being shown in London tonight has subtitles, and I assume it will be the same copy shown in Sheffield. http://www.goethe.de/ins/gb/lon/en9698086v.htm

• 11 months later...

Hello, just to let you know that we are once more screening A Working Men's Club in Sheffield (1965) about the Dial House Club. The screening takes place at the Sheffield Showroom on Sunday, 3 November at 3pm. This time the director Peter Nestler will be there for a Q & A after the film.

Archived