UK economy growing at fastest rate since 2007 ONS SAYS.

I very quickly found this

http://www.itv.com/news/calendar/story/2012-10-26/fears-of-hundreds-of-job-cuts-at-rotherham-hospital/

This is very much part of the big picture. Creating a few ironing jobs does not make up for this massive loss to us all.

Do they do much ironing in car factories? The link you gave doesn't refer to home care ..you know, the thing you posted about before and what I asked about...so you very quickly found the wrong thing.

Very likely, and I believe our car industry is doing pretty well.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2012/aug/16/uk-car-industry-rise-production

UK car industry enjoys 22% rise in production

Almost 120,000 cars were built in July, up 22% on same period last year, says Society for Motor Manufacturers and Traders

Sadly many of these 'British' cars are only assembled here with a large proportion of their components sourced from abroad, thou I accept the jobs that these provide are better than most of the growing number of low-paid temporary jobs.

Sadly many of these 'British' cars are only assembled here with a large proportion of their components sourced from abroad, thou I accept the jobs that these provide are better than most of the growing number of low-paid temporary jobs.

Actually the vast majority of British built cars are made mostly from UK sorced components. I went to visit Corus out near Conisborough and saw steel being manufactured and turned into forging blanks for the UK motor industry myself. Ford do not manufacture motor vehicles in the UK and yet they turn out millions of engines and other components for Europen factories. I think on ballance we make more car components for export than we bring in. According to the figures there are around 200,000 people employed in vehicle manufacture in the UK and a further 700,000 employed in peripheral industries making components etc.

Actually the vast majority of British built cars are made mostly from UK sorced components. I went to visit Corus out near Conisborough and saw steel being manufactured and turned into forging blanks for the UK motor industry myself. Ford do not manufacture motor vehicles in the UK and yet they turn out millions of engines and other components for Europen factories. I think on ballance we make more car components for export than we bring in. According to the figures there are around 200,000 people employed in vehicle manufacture in the UK and a further 700,000 employed in peripheral industries making components etc.

I am not aware of any such plant in Conisbrough:suspect: more details required on that one!

The Japanese plants at Toyota (Burnaston) and Nissan in Sunderland source very heavily and increasingly from abroad as I suspect Honda in Swindon do.

I am not aware of any such plant in Conisbrough:suspect: more details required on that one!

The Japanese plants at Toyota (Burnaston) and Nissan in Sunderland source very heavily and increasingly from abroad as I suspect Honda in Swindon do.

I think it was called Aldwark & Thrybrough bar mill

Archived