Signed for post not being signed for

WeX

Does anyone else have the same problem as I do?

We regularly receive signed for post through our letterbox that is not signed for. Our postie just puts the letters through without bothering to get them signed for. Now Its actually beneficial to us not being woken up early to sign for post, but people have paid for their post to be delivered and signed for.

Would it be the right thing to complain to the post office or to leave it?

No, don't report him - I used to have a postie that was excellent - wish we still had him! He'd sign for stuff for me, and hide it and put a note through the door telling me where he'd hid it, when I wasn't in. Sometimes he'd even drop things off for me at my relatives a couple of streets away. He was BRILLIANT. You don't know how lucky you are until you've had to queue at the depot for an hour for a free co-co pops bowl! (Obviously I didn't know what it was!):hihi:

If you're unhappy, ambush him and ask him about it before you take it further

We had a great postie some years ago. We used to have signed for post arrive on a saturday morning - engineering documents produced on friday, ready for the overnight work on the saturday eve. The terms of recorded post don't include weekends, but sending recorded gave it priority. After explaining that the signature wasn't important, but the delivery was, our postie would leave our saturday package with a neighbour (who signed for it instead)

It was hell when he was on holiday and they'd send it on a van instead of with a temp :rolleyes: We've had to physically obstruct the post van from leaving when we haven't answered the door as quick as they'd like

Archived