20 youths hack boy to death at Victoria Station

But in those days people just used knives to slash each other not to kill one another.

Correct

And that is why Razor Gangs had razors - Very good to hurt someone badly with but rather hard to kill with unless you really tried....

Saved the long drop that way

I thought the gist of what you said earlier was "Some sort of frenzy or hysteria takes over and people lose control", meaning that's it's a spur of the moment hysteria caused by a herd instinct. However this case was a deleiberate and pre-meditated crime as it was organised the previous day. The people organising it were doing so as individuals on their mobiles and computers. They then came together to carry it out. All that is different to your scenario of describing it as something that happened because of a frenzy caused by a crowd.

You are suggesting that a gang of 20 or so youths and girls premeditated a murder.

I am saying that the same gang went out with the intention of avenging some real or perceived slight and as happens with an out of control mob,they have finished up being directly or indirectly involved in a murder.

I've read some dumb comments on this forum over the years, but this exceeds all others for absolute and utter stupidity!

You really don't understand do you. Try listening to the opinion of those innocent youth who through no fault of their own have become victims of muggings and co-erced into being look-outs for the post-code gangs. Such youth ring up radio phone-ins and state such opinions. Many who are mugged have no wish to join ANY gangs, but they are forced to take sides and join just to report other gangs that enter their area. This is part of the post code lottery. It's their only form of protection.

This is like something out of 'Lord of the Flies', and happened in broad daylight.

Why are youth so empowered today?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-19987463

These are not your typical feral youth, they came from two parent backgrounds and many were ready to go to university.

Single parent families will not appreciate such derogatory remarks.Peope who are ready for university are not more moral than the general populace as the evidence you supply testifies.

I do. I remember it even further back with teddy boys carrying flick knives, out looking for a fight. You won't have heard of the Mods & Rockers then ? I won't ever forget the horror of the battle on Brighton beach where frenzied attack wasn't in it - it was outright war.

Here's a link to a BBC article from 2008, asking the question of whether knife attacks are more prevalent now. They're not. They've always happened & some of us were around 40 years ago to see them :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7502180.stm

The gangs you refer to were violent but did exhibit some residual morality.Knife attacks may not lead to a death,whereas this case shows the perpetrators to be highly motivated and committed to this end.It marks an escalation and is frankly rather worrying.

Single parent families will not appreciate such derogatory remarks.Peope who are ready for university are not more moral than the general populace as the evidence you supply testifies.

My comment was not a derogatory remark to any single family but to merely point out that they were not members of the typical stero-typing the press report on.

You can say it, but there's no evidence these people were African migrants and the assumption that Africans are inherently prone to violence is a false one.

Just going on the pictures and the names Id not think they were 3rd generation Asains.......who seem to get a bad press on here

Archived