Are the youth of today far better behaved than their elders?

The amount of first time buyers ha been falling since 2001, it recently hit the lowest figure since the Halifax starting collecting records in 1974.

And to think back in 1988 there were 900 000 FTBs!

Ive bought four houses since 2001 ,and i cant say ive noticed any problems........ all four of my rental machines are building up my pension pot nicely .

Well done chemist, yet another thread you have taken off topic!

I don't think there is any change in youngsters behaviour. It depends on where you live, who you interact with most, where you go, how often you go there.

It depends on your lifestyle, how many people you meet etc.

For everyones negative comment on today's youth there will be a positive comment.

Sorry but the youth of today are total sh***, the majority are rude, ignorant have no respect for their elders in any way shape or form. I wouldn't mind but, as stix says today's youth have got it all on a plate

They probably learnt that from you, you're very disrespectful.

Well done chemist, yet another thread you have taken off topic!
It hasn't, and if it has it is the likes of S10mainly and penistone999 that have done so. So back on topic :)

I don't think there is any change in youngsters behaviour. It depends on where you live, who you interact with most, where you go, how often you go there.

It depends on your lifestyle, how many people you meet etc.

For everyones negative comment on today's youth there will be a positive comment.

Statistics show that the youth of today are;

Drinking less

Fewer take drugs

Breeding less

Breeding later

More polite

Truanting less

Perhaps we should be asking why their elders drunk more, bred more, bred earlier, were less polite, more likely to take drugs and truant from school?

You often hear elders demonise the youth. After speaking to an older person you could quite easily be forgiven for having a picture imprinted into your mind of a Britain where hoards of feckless youth roam around the streets instead of going to school. Youths carrying weapons, selling drugs, impregnating each other, robbing the elderly, fighting for pleasure, smoking crack, drinking superstrength lager for breakfast, burgling dwellings, shouting, swearing and so on and so on.

But that's a load of rubbish. Today's youth are like Saints compared to previous generations.

They are;

Drinking less

Fewer take drugs

Breeding less

Breeding later

More polite

Truanting less

http://www.economist.com/news/britain/21565238-why-young-britons-have-turned-responsible-continent-generation

We have to ask ourselves, why are the youth of today far better behaved than their elders?

Wow all this under a Conservative government...don't tell Dave he'll take credit for it.. :)

Archived