What do you think of tongue piercing!?

If you're going to get anything pierced just make sure you go to a proper place which uses proper needles, not some bunch of numpties who use an ear-piercing gun.

You can't sterilise (most) ear piercing guns properly, the biggest risk of infection as long as your sensible cleaning it for the first couple of months is from when you actually have it done. If you go to a proper place (usually a decent tattooists) they'll usually autoclave the piece of jewellry first for you too so it's properly sterilised.

:gag: not for me. I have friends who had their tongue pierced (or a boyfriend who had ;) ) and they had nothing but praise for it.

Personally I think piercing is a bit blase now, same as tattoos. If you want to be different the golden rules now are : pierce nothing and have ink free skin. You would stand out a mile in comparison to the hoards of people who (some regretfully) followed the trend and just HAD to have something done to look different.

ps:

I have no issue with piercing or tattoos but think people really ought to remember that the hole/ink will be with them for a very long time.

Originally posted by sharpsinger

A short burst of quite harsh pain, followed by at least a week of soreness, swelling and inabilty to eat or speak properly, and then constant irritation and fiddling....

oh yeah sign me up for that :loopy:

:clap:

Ok, when shall I book you in???:hihi:

Originally posted by DIBS

Ok, when shall I book you in???:hihi:

well hello again :)

I'm quite a wuss really when it comes to anything that might even 'hurt a bit' which is why the only thing I ever had pierced was my earlobe, and why I've always shied away from a tattoo.

although if I had had a drink, and someone said it might be 'a bit of a laugh' I could be persuaded :heyhey:

(I'm a sucker for the words 'come on it'll be a bit of a laugh')

:clap:

Archived