Housing Benefit to be reduced up to 25% but no Mansion Tax for the rich.

Im afraid those who have had a confortable life living off the backs of the rest of us is coming to a end and not before time,you have to pay your own way in life.

you know that these benefit cheats that are splashed across the "daily Fail", running marathons, or refereeing football matches, are the exception that prove the rule, don't you?

Most benefit recipients are living hand to mouth, and are in what's known as Fuel Poverty.

We aren't living it up in the sun, on the costa del torremolinos, laughing at the "mug" government paying our way.

The fraud perpetrated by these big-wig bankers who are getting bailed out by the taxes paid by the "plebs" like us, or the landlords claiming housing benefit for non-existant tenants/ properties, and their ilk is far bigger than any fraud perpetrated by benefit cheats.

People can live cheaply enough if they don't expect luxuries.

luxuries such as what?

Food?

Clothes?

Heating/ lighting perhaps?

I don't drink alcohol, and I don't smoke. I have the net in order to keep in touch with my friends and relatives here in the UK and abroad. That's my one "extravagance". when one looks at it, TBH, I don't see a means of keeping my family and friend ties intact as something that could be classed as "extravagant".

People can live cheaply enough if they don't expect luxuries.

It's not a case of expecting luxuries, but for many more a case of putting food on the table.

For some going to work is pointless because of childcare costs:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/9638617/Heavy-childcare-costs-leave-families-4-a-week-better-off.html

luxuries such as what?

Food?

Clothes?

Heating/ lighting perhaps?

I don't drink alcohol, and I don't smoke. I have the net in order to keep in touch with my friends and relatives here in the UK and abroad. That's my one "extravagance". when one looks at it, TBH, I don't see a means of keeping my family and friend ties intact as something that could be classed as "extravagant".

Thing is PT, your internet access is going to become pretty much essential for interacting with government agencies. It's no longer a luxury but something they need and expect you to have.

It's not a case of expecting luxuries, but for many more a case of putting food on the table.

For some going to work is pointless because of childcare costs:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/9638617/Heavy-childcare-costs-leave-families-4-a-week-better-off.html

If they can't afford kids, they shouldn't make them. Previous generations saved until they could afford a family, now people know that if they have kids they'll receive more benefits. It's deeply worng and encourages the least valuable members of society to procreate.

If they can't afford kids, they shouldn't make them. Previous generations saved until they could afford a family, now people know that if they have kids they'll receive more benefits. It's deeply worng and encourages the least valuable members of society to procreate.

You didn't read the article properly. There is a serious problem with childcare costs, a problem that the coalition is well aware of:

Ministers regard the high charges of nurseries and childminders as one of the most pressing issues facing squeezed families. Experts have also said that the reluctance of many mothers to return to work is undermining the economic recovery, increasing the Government’s benefits bill and dragging down living standards.

You can only get so far wit your pre-prepared ill-informed arguments. And because you keep repeating them it doesn't make them true.

You didn't read the article properly. There is a serious problem with childcare costs, a problem that the coalition is well aware of:

Ministers regard the high charges of nurseries and childminders as one of the most pressing issues facing squeezed families. Experts have also said that the reluctance of many mothers to return to work is undermining the economic recovery, increasing the Government’s benefits bill and dragging down living standards.

You can only get so far wit your pre-prepared ill-informed arguments. And because you keep repeating them it doesn't make them true.

I'm afraid it does old chap. If a couple can't afford for the man to work while the wife raises the kids, they need to save for longer. Simple as that.

I'm afraid it does old chap. If a couple can't afford for the man to work while the wife raises the kids, they need to save for longer. Simple as that.

Have you ever worked in the food production industry?

With the automation and job losses at the minute we should be expecting price falls! Do we see them? do we eckers like!

The reason they can't afford it is the cost of living. You can't blame families for a property market out of control, soaring utility costs etc...

Blaming the families is not the solution. It doesn't fix anything.

Why not scrap housing benefit?

Why not scrap most benefits?

Let the parents pay.

I'll provide whatever my kids need - you provide whatever yours need.

When we're old, mine can return the favour -as can yours.

That's the way it used to work ... and it worked well.

Back in the days when we had 'families'.

Archived