I think I'm going mad! Christmas shopping's started already!

We've been to Clowne shopping today, been to Aldi, Wilkinsons, and Tesco..

Mine got!!! (Excuse me breaking out into German, I've still not settled down yet)..what month is it? Is it the middle of December? Are people really going mad, is it Christmas now?..after being hit by a trolley in Tesco for the tenth time, x amount of dirty looks, my hubby trampling on a small child...I screamed!!! at my hubby.." Get me outa here" before I throw someone head first into a freezer..:help::o

Went home and had a large Baileys over ice...

Beware it's only just starting..:D

Those horribly annoying adverts for DFS and CSL started last week with a festive jingle. The ones with the smug looking people throwing themselves over sofas, then some idiot with the voice over 'Get ready for Christams!' I the middle of October :roll:

Bah Humbug :rant:

Those horribly annoying adverts for DFS and CSL started last week with a festive jingle. The ones with the smug looking people throwing themselves over sofas, then some idiot with the voice over 'Get ready for Christams!' I the middle of October :roll:

Bah Humbug :rant:

Oh yes, they do it for me..not!!..:rant:

It's just the start. At least some shops are too full of Halloween stuff to have fit Christmas in yet. From next week it'll be Slade or Jingle Bells on repeat in all the shops, you wont be able to move for tinsel, fake snow & manic shoppers.

At least there are some cheap booze offers on!

Mrs Overall

I feel your pain. I went to the supermarket this afternoon and it was busier than I've ever seen before. This is a huge Sainsburys with a huge car park but there were no spaces. When I did get parked the shop was packed with queues 4 and 5 deep at the checkouts.

And now I've got home, decided to start making my lasagne for supper... and found that in the stress of the shopping I forgot to buy lasagne sheets and mince. Doh!

Mrs Overall

I feel your pain. I went to the supermarket this afternoon and it was busier than I've ever seen before. This is a huge Sainsburys with a huge car park but there were no spaces. When I did get parked the shop was packed with queues 4 and 5 deep at the checkouts.

And now I've got home, decided to start making my lasagne for supper... and found that in the stress of the shopping I forgot to buy lasagne sheets and mince. Doh!

Oh no!! N I love Lasagne...re shops, I can only think that people are stocking up early, but it does take away the Christmas spirit a bit..:( my daughter is going to look at ordering online early, don't know how this works, but it's got to be better than all that pushing and shoving...:roll:

It's just the start. At least some shops are too full of Halloween stuff to have fit Christmas in yet. From next week it'll be Slade or Jingle Bells on repeat in all the shops, you wont be able to move for tinsel, fake snow & manic shoppers.

At least there are some cheap booze offers on!

Yeah we'll before I nearly lost it,:hihi: I bought 2 bottles of champers half price for Christmas day from aldi..:)

Well please continue to spend, spend, and spend, so the government can inform everyone that the recession, depression, deflation'inflation, is all over. So if it ain't the Olypiics boosting the economy its them with money, boasting how much they have got, while pretending they are broke. Pittly the spendthrifts!

Is this some kind of sick joke????????

Sorry to say, but I've already completed my Christmas shopping. I do this so early for a number of reasons:

1) I can't afford it if I try to pay for it all from one end of the year.

2) I dislike shopping and LOATHE being in shops which are full and where you have to queue for everything.

3) I have to start very early with writing cards and wrapping because I can only do a couple of things a day before my gammy arm starts being really gammy.

Having completed my Christmas shopping this means that I can give all retail establishments a very wide berth, although I do need to pop down to Maplin and buy a new bulb for the light inside my oven sometime.

Archived