I think I'm going mad! Christmas shopping's started already!

Sorry to say, but I've already completed my Christmas shopping. I do this so early for a number of reasons:

1) I can't afford it if I try to pay for it all from one end of the year.

2) I dislike shopping and LOATHE being in shops which are full and where you have to queue for everything.

3) I have to start very early with writing cards and wrapping because I can only do a couple of things a day before my gammy arm starts being really gammy.

Having completed my Christmas shopping this means that I can give all retail establishments a very wide berth, although I do need to pop down to Maplin and buy a new bulb for the light inside my oven sometime.

Good for you, I mean that, I wish I was as organised as this, got to admit apart from my 6 yr old grandson I shall be giving gift vouchers...:roll:

So you just book a delivery then order later? ...bit slow tonight..:)

We normally have the same hour every week, but for Christmas week lots of people change round so they release the dates for people who use the delivery service normally before they open them up to new users, and you can edit what they're going to deliver up until a day before the delivery. So for the moment I've put my standard shopping list on the list for that day and I'll edit it closer to the day when I know what we're doing and when.

I dislike supermarkets at the best of times, but Christmas week I'd rather poke my eyes out with a pickle fork than go to a supermarket.

Archived