Ex brincliffe grammar school?

Linnie

Hello I used to live in Sheffield up to going to college in1966. I attended Brincliffe Grammar and have mixed memories.I then went to High Storrs up to A levels. I have re visited Sheffield many times up to the death of my parents two years ago.I moved to France many years ago, where I still live.It would be good to her from anyone who remembers Brincliffe.

• 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi Linnie

I'm a bit late responding to your 2012 post (!), but interested to read it.

My wife and I love France.

I was pals with classmate Roger Wells, and you'll find my info. included on FriendsReunited.

Regards

just worked out your nom-de-plume. I should have known who it was but there was a faint possibility it was Frank Womack whom I was pals with in the first year. Many thanks for the Xmas card. Apologies for butting in & "blowing your cover.

Edited by fatrajah

Hi Linnie, I went to Brincliffe from 1958 to 1963. I was in forms 1D, 2B, 3A, 4A, 5A. I too have mixed memories of Brincliffe. For me Mrs Potter was the problem & I don't think I was alone in that. Mr Boul had a short fuse but if I got myself "in the cart" as Mr Boul put it, it was mostly my own fault. The rest of teachers ranged from OK to very good in my opinion. I went to Abbeydale Grammar to do maths, physics & chemistry A-Levels but I disliked the place & didn't do well enough to go to university. My details, such as they are, are on friends reunited.

Edited by fatrajah

• 1 month later...

Hi!

I found this forum almost by accident, and found names I had almost forgotten with the passage of years - Roger Wells, Frank Womack, David Gott. The years have been very good to me - I have been a Civil Servant, Publisher, Editor and Book Reviewer and a minister. I have often wondered what happened to those with whom I was at Brincliffe Grammar School. Has anyone any information on Paul Jefferson, Robert Ellsworth, Roger Wells &c.?

Best Wishes to all

Jim North

---------- Post added 29-01-2016 at 13:53 ----------

Hi Fatrajah!

I too was in 2B at Brincliffe and fell foul of Mr Boul, Mr Spinks (if that is the correct way to spell his surname) and others! (What a dreadful child I must have been!!!). I haven't a clue, however, who you are.

Jim North

Hi!

I found this forum almost by accident, and found names I had almost forgotten with the passage of years - Roger Wells, Frank Womack, David Gott. The years have been very good to me - I have been a Civil Servant, Publisher, Editor and Book Reviewer and a minister. I have often wondered what happened to those with whom I was at Brincliffe Grammar School. Has anyone any information on Paul Jefferson, Robert Ellsworth, Roger Wells &c.?

Best Wishes to all

Jim North

---------- Post added 29-01-2016 at 13:53 ----------

Hi Fatrajah!

I too was in 2B at Brincliffe and fell foul of Mr Boul, Mr Spinks (if that is the correct way to spell his surname) and others! (What a dreadful child I must have been!!!). I haven't a clue, however, who you are.

Jim North

Are you James North? I'm Roger Wells. I'm still in touch with Robert Ellsworth; he lives near Cheltenham these days.