The Hurricane Sandy thread

The replica ship of H.M.S Bounty built in 1962 has sunk off the Amercian coast. There were sixteen crewman on board two are missing the Coastguard are searching the area were the ship sank in hope of finding the two crewman alive. Lets hope there ok. The ship has been used for blockbuster films over the years. Source of information Sky News.
The ship went down about 100 miles east of Cape Hatteras of the North Carolina coast. The fourteen were taken off by two helicopters which would probably be Coast Guard aircraft, but I'm not sure. I wouldn't expect the missing people to endure long if not found quickly, unless they were wearing immersion suits or the like in that weather.

even if a remnant does manage to escape then it's trip across the north atlantic will take pretty much all the sting out of it.

It'll probably still be announced as the remnants of sandy even if we can't tell the difference between it's wind & rain and the normal wind & rain.

A quick update. Time 3:48 PM EDT. Wind is blowing about 45 MPH, rain heavy. We still have power, expected to get heavier rain and winds up to short gusts of 80 MPH till midnight when they will start to diminish. Fingers crossed. We cooked a 10 pound shank of ham, normally enough for when we have the five grandkids and their parents. Now its just the two of us because the roads are closed. Its a good job I'm hungry. If the power does go out, I will have to sleep sitting up on the sofa, because I have sleep apnea and need to wear a CPAP mask at night, which doesn't work without power. I did it for a week last year during Irene. By the way, Harley, we had an earthquake last week which rattled the crockery for about ten seconds, and was the big news on the east coast till sandy. To each his own, mate.

A quick update. Time 3:48 PM EDT. Wind is blowing about 45 MPH, rain heavy. We still have power, expected to get heavier rain and winds up to short gusts of 80 MPH till midnight when they will start to diminish. Fingers crossed. We cooked a 10 pound shank of ham, normally enough for when we have the five grandkids and their parents. Now its just the two of us because the roads are closed. Its a good job I'm hungry. If the power does go out, I will have to sleep sittting up on the sofa, because I have sleep apnea and need to wear a CPAP mask at night, which doesn't work without power. I did it for a week last year during Irene.

My back fence just fell down, tree branch hit it. Bummer...

A quick update. Time 3:48 PM EDT. Wind is blowing about 45 MPH, rain heavy. We still have power, expected to get heavier rain and winds up to short gusts of 80 MPH till midnight when they will start to diminish. Fingers crossed. We cooked a 10 pound shank of ham, normally enough for when we have the five grandkids and their parents. Now its just the two of us because the roads are closed. Its a good job I'm hungry. If the power does go out, I will have to sleep sittting up on the sofa, because I have sleep apnea and need to wear a CPAP mask at night, which doesn't work without power. I did it for a week last year during Irene. By the way, Harley we had an earthquake last week which rattled the crockery for about ten seconds, and was the big news on the east coast till sandy. To each his own, mate.

Sylvia and I with you and poppins in spirit buck. Hang tough mate

Very very scaring buck your getting the same as me right now, high winds and rain just started , not looking forward to tonight thru Wednesday , not much we can do, if I left my house theres no telling when I'd be able to get back to it with down wires and roads closed, so I chose to stay..good choice or bad ill know soon enough.
Stay Home, mdear, stay warm and get drunk if youve got it.:)

A quick update. Time 3:48 PM EDT. Wind is blowing about 45 MPH, rain heavy. We still have power, expected to get heavier rain and winds up to short gusts of 80 MPH till midnight when they will start to diminish. Fingers crossed. We cooked a 10 pound shank of ham, normally enough for when we have the five grandkids and their parents. Now its just the two of us because the roads are closed.

Well if the power does go out at least you will have enough for lots of ham sandwiches!

The news here has some interesting pictures of the waves from the Jersey shore - it looks quite impressive but not in a good sense. Stay safe all you over there.

Archived