The Hurricane Sandy thread

I've no idea who Poppins or Buck are (come to think of it I've no idea who anybody on here is) but just want to say keep safe. That goes for everyone over there.

Good luck.[/Quote]

Hope everybody is ok and keeping safe. Must be very very scary for them all. Good Luck.

I was battened down many times at sea, mostly on aircraft carriers, but finally aboard a frigate, which was a novel experience to say the least. Nothing quite matches the walking fore and aft during a full gale, the walking on air as she falls into a trough, and the massive weight on your legs as she comes up out of it.

ffg"s frigates are what I've mostly worked on buck ,I'm not that religeous but I"ve got to admit you start to think about god alot when the waves are coming over the superstructure:hihi:

did you ever crew with philippineo's from subic bay?

its like being in a catholic mass when theres a storm.

one of the sparks I used to work with weighed in at 35st

his ankles used to swell up like balloons

looks like a frigate in the last half of this :hihi:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?

v=UANn5qUTVhw&feature=related

I think a seagull filmed this:suspect:

Update 10:20 PM EDT. Here in Connecticut and area. 2.8 million without power. Winds 80 to 100 MPH. NYC Stock Exchange 4 feet of water on floor, no business tomorrow or possibly days. 29 year old man killed by fallen tree in Queens. Predicted wind will drop quickly after midnight. The fact that I'm writing this on my desktop proves we still have power. Fingers remain crossed. Our 9 year old granddaughter Kayla went home tired of eating ham, hoping for a pizza to be delivered. Best of luck with that, babe. No country on earth handles these disasters better. Whole small towns in the midwest are destroyed by tornadoes, and are soon back in business. Electrical repair teams are headed here from all over the US and Canada as far away as Seattle.

don't listen to her buck get thee hang glider out and show them septics what a yorkshire mans made out :twisted:
Hey up John, I'd like ter fly me glider, but i can't afford to get it art ert pawn shop terneet:hihi:

Hope your son is OK Anna I'm sure he is. I'm waiting for the storm to hit is, the centre is forecast to pass right over the top of us so we will probably be sleeping in the basement tonight just to be safe!!
The predictions had it reaching as far as Erie PA before fizzling out. Thats a hell of a journey.

Archived