The Hurricane Sandy thread

The storm was the last thing I thought about last night and the first thing I thought about this morning. To those in the areas that Sandy is hitting....stay safe, thank you to the ones who are kind enough to keep us updated on here and may God be with you all.

Final update: 7:15 AM EDT

Got up just now after a good night. Got a cup of coffee. It's just daylight,so I took a quick look around the house. No damage anywhere, no loss of power. Very little wind. Fingers uncrossed. Looking forward to a breakfast of a couple of eggs over medium, with sausage and bacon and a sliced english muffin, which for some strange reason seems to be unheard of in UK. Please keep us posted about your son Anna B. All of us hope he's safe and well.:)

Final update: 7:15 AM EDT

Got up just now after a good night. Got a cup of coffee. It's just daylight,so I took a quick look around the house. No damage anywhere.no loss of power, Very little wind. Fingers uncrossed. Looking forward to a breakfast of a couple of eggs over medium, with sausage and bacon and a sliced english muffin, which for some strange reason seems to be unheard of in UK. Please keep us posted about your son Anna B. All of us hope he's safe and well.:)

Buck, genuinely happy you're safe; unhappily the same cannot be said for some folk over there. It is terrible when lives are lost, I've only seen the news but it looks like some got hit really bad, good luck to all and I echo what you say about Anna B's son.

Good news!

I've heard from my son at last, and he's fine. Thank God. He's hunkered down with friends and plenty of food and water (and beer) supplies. Thankyou all so much for yor comments and concerns. What a great forum this is.

I haven't forgotten, though, that not everyone's been so lucky, so my thoughts are with those who've suffered loss. Let's hope the authorities can get things back together as soon as possible. They do seem to be on the ball over there.

Thanks again everyone, you're great.

Good news!

I've heard from my son at last, and he's fine. Thank God. He's hunkered down with friends and plenty of food and water (and beer) supplies. Thankyou all so much for yor comments and concerns. What a great forum this is.

I haven't forgotten, though, that not everyone's been so lucky, so my thoughts are with those who've suffered loss. Let's hope the authorities can get things back together as soon as possible. They do seem to be on the ball over there.

Thanks again everyone, you're great.

Pleased your family's ok Anna, worrying not being able to help being so far away, my area didn't get hit too bad, others States did, but no one panicked , even the worst areas took it in stride from what I see on the news.

Insensitive posts and those quoting them removed. A lot of people are rightly concerned about the well being and safety of friends and family - lets not turn this into a rights and wrongs of various nations please .

I do poppins:hihi:

Thoughts are with you and all the people out there who are going to be affected by this.

Hope you all stay safe.

Turned out not too bad in my area Jane, down wires and trees but not much rain, I'm impressed though how people in the disaster States handled it all and took it all in stride, I don't think I could have been that calm to see my house floating away or a tree in my bedroom :mad:

Archived