The Hurricane Sandy thread

Turned out not too bad in my area Jane, down wires and trees but not much rain, I'm impressed though how people in the disaster States handled it all and took it all in stride, I don't think I could have been that calm to see my house floating away or a tree in my bedroom :mad:

I would imagine myself in tears and a huge ass mess.

So happy to hear that our forum friends and families are safe and well. God bless you all.

New Jersey took a hell of a walloping. Extremely grim assessment of the situation by Governor Chis Chistie earlier this morning

Gov Christie,s a tough one, told the ones that wouldn't evacuate when told to do so, I'm not sending anyone to help you now, you're on your own..good luck

Gov Christie,s a tough one, told the ones that wouldn't evacuate when told to do so, I'm not sending anyone to help you now, you're on your own..good luck

So because they did not want to leave their homes, he's leaving them to whatever fate? O.o

I saw the end of Gov Christie's talk this morning, could be days before the power is back for them :/

I'd imagine that's going to be the same for phone towers and the like as well.

So happy to hear that our forum friends and families are safe and well. God bless you all.

I second that sentiment.

I can only imagine what it must feel like when you are personally affected.Seeing the news reports here with New York City almost coming to a standstill seemed unbelievable.

So because they did not want to leave their homes, he's leaving them to whatever fate? O.o

I saw the end of Gov Christie's talk this morning, could be days before the power is back for them :/

I'd imagine that's going to be the same for phone towers and the like as well.

And why not, he didn't intend to put his first responders in danger for people that didn't want help when it would have been safer for everyone, help was sent out to these people more than once, why not give help to others that needed it.

Cant say that he's wrong. The police and public services just dont have the time to go around trying to persuade reluctant people to pack a few of their belongings and head for the nearest emergency shelter.

There were enough warnings about the severity of the approaching storm to fill a bank vault.

Even with all the help the State is now getting from within and without services of any kind must be strained to the absolute limit

I second that sentiment.

I can only imagine what it must feel like when you are personally affected.Seeing the news reports here with New York City almost coming to a standstill seemed unbelievable.

If the Pacific ocean were a few degrees warmer we on the west coast would be getting much of the same. We have our own demons though. Experts on seismic activity have long said that California is overdue for the "Big One" That would be a quake somewhere on the Richter scale of around 8.0. or more. Worse still there's no warning with quakes. They just hit anywhere at anytime.

Years ago we had a cat who started to act spooky one day for no reason. He hid under the bed and wouldnt come out, not even for food. The following morning the Northridge quake hit. It was felt all over much of southern California and did quite a bit of damage in the city of Northridge killing several people.

Archived