Car insurance for my young son

Not if it's his car.

Plus, he will probably benefit from having his own policy to (hopefully) build up some no claims.

If he can afford the prices the insurance companies charge new drivers (I'm not one btw - I am neither young or a new driver so I'm not complaining) he wont need to build up no claims, last time I heard of anyone under twenty trying to get insurance the cheapest they got offered was over £3000.

If he can afford the prices the insurance companies charge new drivers (I'm not one btw - I am neither young or a new driver so I'm not complaining) he wont need to build up no claims, last time I heard of anyone under twenty trying to get insurance the cheapest they got offered was over £3000.

I was thinking of the future. I wish I'd had some foresight and had my own policy and got some no claims. My insurance is still stupidly expensive and I am 28 :(

Ive found Tescos to be the cheapest insurer for me.

Mine is still high as im only just completing my second year of holding a licence and only have one years no claims but i drive a 2 litre saloon and they were a good 30% less than the next best quote.

can anybody reccomend a good, reasonbly priced insurance company who will insure a 18 year old.

You'd be best using some of the comparison sites to get some quotes. It will be hellishly expensive. You might get the premium down a bit if you add yourself to the policy as a named driver (I mean take out the policy in his name - don't take it out in your name and add him as named driver as this could be considered fraud!). I'm not young but when I added my mum as a named driver the premium reduced by £100. Odd.

Archived