Car insurance for my young son

i have been on the phone and net most of the day,

and cant find anything under 4.5k

i was just wondering who everyone else uses.

and i cant put him on my traders policy, they wont let me

its for a corsa 1.0.

might it be cheaper to buy him a newer car, i dont know.

there lots of young uns driving about, so there must be someone who insures them, at reasonable money, but four and a half grand is stupid

Corsa 1.0 must be one of the cheapest cars to insure surely but £4500!

My cousins youngest was paying £1800 2 years ago for a 1.2 Corsa. He was 18 at the time.

Sorry don't know who with.

Have you been tryin just comparison sites?

Mayve cheaper deals are there if you go direct.

You'd be best using some of the comparison sites to get some quotes. It will be hellishly expensive. You might get the premium down a bit if you add yourself to the policy as a named driver (I mean take out the policy in his name - don't take it out in your name and add him as named driver as this could be considered fraud!). I'm not young but when I added my mum as a named driver the premium reduced by £100. Odd.

The reason why it went down is because if someone else who is low risk is driving the car, the most risky driver isn't driving it! The more safe drivers you can add the better. You are right to mention not taking the policy out in the parents name... Insurance companies are wise to this, it is called fronting and the policy will be voided, you could get IN10'd by the police, liable for any damage in case of an accident and will find it nigh on impossible to get insurance ever again.

Archived