Flu Jab - thinking about having it ?

The efficacy of most vaccines is thoroughly proven.

agreed, absolutely.

but let's not forget that an individual bitten by a yellow fever mosquito is poorly placed if (s)he was bitten by a disease- carrying mosquito and had not been inoculated.

I've been in some interesting places in the world and encountered some interesting parasites. There is a Bug in Burkina Faso which crawls under your skin, lays eggs (which hatch pretty quickly) and which cause considerable irritation as the wriggle around.

Males seem to be remarkably tolerant, but for some reason it seems to freak females out. I can't imagine why (especially as so many people on this forum are convinced that inoculations (including prophylactic inoculations are such a waste of time.

Could it be that if you spent your time living in Sheffield and gained massive experience of tropical parasitic infections you would know far more than people who had been elsewhere in the so-called 'real world'?

Dunno. But either way I doubt it would stop people from talking out of their arses.

agreed, absolutely.

but let's not forget that an individual bitten by a yellow fever mosquito is poorly placed if (s)he was bitten by a disease- carrying mosquito and had not been inoculated.

You could always have a nice rosy apple Rupe..that'd sort it for you.. :)

Explain how we managed to get rid of smallpox, and how we stopped polio from being a worldwide scourge and confined it to a few small pockets. I've asked these questions before, but still waiting on something substantive from you.

If you look at the graph of these diseases you will find that thanks to improved nutrition,sanitation etc they were nearly eradicated then the vaccine was introduced,giving a false impression.

Cobblers. That certainly wasnt the case in places like India, Africa, et al during the 1970's when smallpox as done away with - it's certainly not the case now with polio eradication, and it absolutely assuredly was not the case when Jenner was doing it two centuries ago.

What about Pasteur and rabies? Cholera? chickenpox? I suppose all those are just down to diet? Please note you have to prove it, not merely assert it.

I suggest you take a look at the evidence from the other side.Yes the prevelance of the other diseases had dropped and this is what has confused so many.

The prevelance of smallpox in the world at the moment is zero.

Guess what you would get if you released smallpox into the world now? Amongst those without vaccination, probably fatalities of about 35% or thereabouts as there is no herd imminuty. Those with vaccination would still be affected severely as the effaciousness drops as there is no wild smallpox to be tested against. so you rely on a 30 year old booster and hope for the best....

Archived