Flu Jab - thinking about having it ?

If a large enough percentage of a population is vaccinated against a specific disease that should prevent an epidemic. (look at measles-when the numbers of kids vaccinated fell below 85% or something measles started to reappear and kids have died) . For this reason you cannnot say that because someone has not been vaccinated they did not get the flu (or other disease)-they may not hve got it because other people were vaccinated.

I looked at those studies posted by Sibon.

So if you take the vaccine and don't come down with the flu this is interpreted as the vaccine offering protection?

Where are the studies for vaccinated against non vaccinated.

The Australian documentary Vaccines The Hidden Truth is evidence enough for me.

No, not catching the flu is not an assumption of protection. When the vaccines are tested they deliberately exposed trial subjects to influenza of a known strain so that they could test the efficacy of the vaccination. If the subject then came down with flu blood samples could show which strain they had caught and therefore whether it was a strain which should have got protection from the vaccination.

If you go looking for dissenting voices on vaccination you will find plenty. If you go looking for decently controlled studies which prove that the problems that have been linked to vaccines were actually caused by the vaccine you find precious few that have genuine evidence to offer.

If you go looking for decently controlled studies which prove that the problems that have been linked to vaccines were actually caused by the vaccine you find precious few that have genuine evidence to offer.

I have here in my hand as i write a British International Express newspaper article Tuesday Jan 10 2000.

Titled Outrage at vaccine illness scandal.

Up to 200 doctors,nurses,firefighters,prison officers,police officers,forensic scientists and binmen say they have developed serious physical and mental health problems after injections essential for their work over the last 10 years.

Experts believe the injections caused the health problems which include chronic fatigue,muscle pain,weakness and cognitive problems,because illness developed soon after vaccination.

The idea that you can directly inject a witches brew of ingredients into the body to somehow prevent the flu is exactly that....an idea.

Where is the evidence to back these claims up?

As I remarked before, you could look at the work of Edward Jenner, of Louis Pasteur. The proof of vaccination working is abundant, and easily accessible

The truth is there are no follow up studies of the flu vaccine for very obvious reasons.

Really? There are none whatsoever?

http://news.yahoo.com/study-finds-flu-shot-cut-heart-attack-risk-161500355.html

Not only do they do followups to see if they are effective, they find new and interesting side benefits.

People who get the flu vaccine from my experience actually suffer from the flu more not less.

People who think vaccinations don't work suffer from a lack of objectivity in my experience. One of these two viewpoints is sustainable. The other isn't - the reader can find out which is correct.

The amish do not believe in vaccinations and they seem to be very healthy.

Apart from their multiple other isses and recessive autosomnal diseases mm?

I looked at those studies posted by Sibon.

So if you take the vaccine and don't come down with the flu this is interpreted as the vaccine offering protection?

Where are the studies for vaccinated against non vaccinated.

The Australian documentary Vaccines The Hidden Truth is evidence enough for me.

Did smallpox disappear all of it's own accord? Or is it jst 'flu vaccines that don't work?

I have here in my hand as i write a British International Express newspaper article Tuesday Jan 10 2000.

Titled Outrage at vaccine illness scandal.

Up to 200 doctors,nurses,firefighters,prison officers,police officers,forensic scientists and binmen say they have developed serious physical and mental health problems after injections essential for their work over the last 10 years.

Experts believe the injections caused the health problems which include chronic fatigue,muscle pain,weakness and cognitive problems,because illness developed soon after vaccination.

You go with 'seem', 'believe' and 'say' and I will go with what can be medically proven, including the fact that over the last 100 or so years vaccination has eradicated diseases like smallpox and hugely reduced the risks from diseases like poliomyelitis world wide.

Whether you agree with having a vaccination is entirely up to you. Having known a child who took 10 years to die from the effects of the measles meningitis that he got as a baby, I think that encouraging others to distrust vaccination and put themselves and their loved ones at risk as a result is not really a positive way to go.

Ask questions, learn, read genuine research papers and make your decisions based on the data which now shows that yes, very rarely vaccinations can cause problems but for society as a whole (and in particular the weaker members of society) vaccination is a very very positive thing.

It's not a reputable source.

You can't get flu from a flu jab, the viruses are dead. It sounds like your father does have something wrong with him that should be checked out by a doctor, but it's unlikely to be caused by the flu jab. It doesn't sound like flu, coughing up blood isn't a flu symptom.

Neither is swelling of the feet and ankles - sounds like a cardiac episode - he needs to be seen by his GP as a matter of urgency.

As has already been said - you cannot catch 'flu from having a 'flu jab - this is fact.

Archived