Got an Ebay business and i'm too busy to list anything new..

Why not just post a job advertisement on the Sheffield Forum? They could even work from home once they knew what they were doing, unless of course you don't hold a stock list. It shouldn't be too costly to give someone £5-£6 an hour to to basic tasks such as write/post listings. The graphics could be done by you prior to them visiting.

In-fact, to be honest, you can visit fiverr.com and you can hire a Virtual Assistant to run basic tasks for you for $5 (£3.20) an hour.

Problem solved.

hi..

thats what i am trying to figure out, need someone who knows turbo lister and xara and they can do it from home.. but i cant figure out how to get around letting them have access to my ebay account!!

i cant employ someone to do the boring bits like postage etc as we work from home in a converted garage...

its the listing i need doing..

If you have a second computer you could run that on something like TeamViewer, hence them not needing any of your login details, just an internet connection. They would be logged in with cookies on YOUR computer. Only way I can think of.

Where abouts are you?

rotherham/catcliffe...

hmm teamviewer!! forgot about that... ill look into it

i have a spare computer so i could just put the software they require on that and keep them away from my main work pc

Did you look at the link I posted? Or is that not suitable?

i did and i'm not sure its what i am looking for... but...

i have had some time out and been giving this some serious thought and i think i now know my issue..

Because i am working from home (coverted garage to keep overheads down) it has been putting me off taking anyone on as they would need to come into my home, so this is why i was looking to outsource the design part of the job and i would continue the printing, production and dispatch etc..

The next obvious question is "if i too busy to list new items, how can i cope if someone lists for me and those start selling"... my plan would be to then move into a small office/studio (dont need anything big just one room) and then take on a production member to help me whilst the "new lister" continues to upload new listing to ebay..

My problem is i do everything and its now burying me, i need to let go and get some help and the "working from home" was restricting my thought process.

My next door neighbour has a son who is trainee computer programmer, hes about 17-18, very sensible and a clever lad, i am going to approach his parents and see what they think. He could do the design in his bedroom on his laptop and we can use the teamviewer as someone suggested. The big advantage is he is next door so i dont need to travel if he get stuck with something.

thanks for all the input and advice, and thanks to all the people who pm'd me seeing if they could help but i think this may be the way to go unless soemone has spotted something i havent :)

We're doing a lot of work at the moment with a large catering supplies company, we've just put 5,000 products live onto Amazon using a application we wrote specifically to do this (using the Amazon MWS).

How many products are you looking to list, what kind of information do you have for each? The system we've written monitors the product against the competition and adjusts the prices on a hourly basis to make sure you are always competitive.

Feel free to PM or call me if you would like to talk though what we've done in more detail.

We're doing a lot of work at the moment with a large catering supplies company, we've just put 5,000 products live onto Amazon using a application we wrote specifically to do this (using the Amazon MWS).

How many products are you looking to list, what kind of information do you have for each? The system we've written monitors the product against the competition and adjusts the prices on a hourly basis to make sure you are always competitive.

Feel free to PM or call me if you would like to talk though what we've done in more detail.

i think we have around 42000 on ebay, this is made up of variations...

so for example a tiger wall decal comes in 3 sizes and around 40 variations in colour and different vinyls. ie you can have tiger in black standard vinyl at 150cm or a tiger at 57cm in silver chrome vinyl...

problem with amazon is the rep is saying you cant have "variations" in the listings, so its one colour and one size.. this is going to be a major headache, they have sent me speadsheet to modify but i just looked at it and laughed, i havent got time.

Coming quite close to sorting some premises out and taking on a member of staff to help with production and possibly someone to list our items on ebay. :)

hi

sorry i didnt quite answer the question of how many, probably around another 2000 but they would all have variations ie colours, sizes etc

Archived