Fish Pond Tales

Hi everyone...Just bought a new house and the previous owner was supposed to remove a pond in the back garden as part of the increase in offer we made. Now we have the house we have also got a pond that he didn't remove but also at least two fish. I think, but am no expert, they are either koi or golden orf. The fish are fairly big ( 12" to 18") and if anyone would like to rescue them from us they would be more than welcome.

Hi everyone...Just bought a new house and the previous owner was supposed to remove a pond in the back garden as part of the increase in offer we made. Now we have the house we have also got a pond that he didn't remove but also at least two fish. I think, but am no expert, they are either koi or golden orf. The fish are fairly big ( 12" to 18") and if anyone would like to rescue them from us they would be more than welcome.

Hi, i'd be interested in taking the fish from you. I also have some rubble which would help in refilling the hole. Where in Sheffield are you? Thanks.

Was it formally made a condition with the solicitors that the pond would be removed?

If so contact your solicitor.

As said above, these fish could well have a value.

Well they appear to have been neglected because the pond is not in a clean condition.

The condition of the increase in the price we offered to pay was made through the estate agent and is in writing but, our solicitor tells us that he is not in breach of contract, even though it seems as though it's maybe deception.

We didn't even know there were any fish in the pond until Sunday.

Archived