Where to bury Richard III

It seems that if the skeleton found under the car park in Leicester is proven to be Richard III, he will be re-interred in Leicester.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-20116118

Seeing as he was the last Yorkist monarch, and expressed a wish to be buried in York after he died, should his wish to be buried in his home county be honoured?

It's not really a matter for debate any more is it.

I'd like to know how they know that it is Richard III.

Do the archaeologists have some evidence, or are they simply working on a hunch?

Do the archaeologists have some evidence, or are they simply working on a hunch?

DNA from a relative i thought?

Not sure though.

EDIT..Just looked and it is from a living relative of his sister Anne of York.

They don't yet know but they are doing DNA tests on the body, to match to his living relatives on his sisters line of descent. Should be reasonably conclusive as far as I know.

They don't yet know but they are doing DNA tests on the body, to match to his living relatives on his sisters line of descent. Should be reasonably conclusive as far as I know.

I missed the smiley off the end of my post. :)

I missed the smiley off the end of my post. :)

I got it anyway. lol. We shouldn't need smileys to point everyone in the direction of a joke.

I think he should be buried in Westminster Abbey. No big monument or anything, just an inscribed slab in the floor or in the wall near those of other Plantagenet/Yorkist monarchs. Leicester only want the body so they can create a visitor attraction.

Edited by Nagel