Where to bury Richard III

So Shakespeare apparently got it wrong,Richard wasn't evil after all.

So who murdered the two princes?

It appears that the mystery is never going to be solved.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2274247/Richard-III-unearthed-princes-tower-stay-buried.html#axzz2Jwem6UWJ

There is some evidence to suggest that he was innocent of their murder, and that Buckingham was the real culprit. However, we'll never know, will we?

So, if I assassinated the entire royal family, could I be classed as the new king then?

Only in 1485, I'm afraid.

So, if I assassinated the entire royal family, could I be classed as the new king then?

Look at the photographs of the skull.

That's the sort of thing that would've happened to you had you had a go at him and come second.

Unless of course they took you alive, in which case he might've come up with an imaginative reward for attempted regicide.:hihi:

Back to the original question: They managed to get DNA from one of his descendants, so they know who at least some of them are. Why don't they ask his descendants to decide where he should be re-interred?

If somebody dug up the body of somebody else who had been killed in a war (and if the site itself was not classified as a war grave) then, if the next of kin of the discovered body were to be identified, wouldn't they have any say in where their relative was re-interred?

(I'm assuming that Leicester council would prefer that the place the remains were found should stay as a car park, rather than be re-designated a war grave.)

Look at the photographs of the skull.

That's the sort of thing that would've happened to you had you had a go at him and come second.

Unless of course they took you alive, in which case he might've come up with an imaginative reward for attempted regicide.:hihi:

Back to the original question: They managed to get DNA from one of his descendants, so they know who at least some of them are. Why don't they ask his descendants to decide where he should be re-interred?

If somebody dug up the body of somebody else who had been killed in a war (and if the site itself was not classified as a war grave) then, if the next of kin of the discovered body were to be identified, wouldn't they have any say in where their relative was re-interred?

(I'm assuming that Leicester council would prefer that the place the remains were found should stay as a car park, rather than be re-designated a war grave.)

Using DNA of a living relative was the method used to identify the "Unknown Soldier in the cenotaph in the US.

Is it just me, or has everyone been staggered by not one of the royal family have come forward to provide DNA, absolutely insane.

I say our current crop of royal family is just a bunch of free loading imposters, they have no right to be where they are.

For the person that came forward to provide DNA for Richard III, surely they should be next in line to the throne.

The current royal family have no blood connection to Richard 3rd....why would a DNA sample from them help in any way?