Do threads only get more posts if there's a good argument?

That would be fine if they advaced their arguments, but they don't, they they just keep repeating the same thing.

I don't mind a debate with anyone who is intelligent, but most of us outgrow just repeating the same thing long before puberty.

Just repeating (for instance) "Driving fast is dangerous" twenty times doesn't make it any more correct than than it was the first time.

Yes I agree with you that repetition is very boring. Does that mean this thread will die now? :hihi:

That would be fine if they advaced their arguments, but they don't, they they just keep repeating the same thing.

I don't mind a debate with anyone who is intelligent, but most of us outgrow just repeating the same thing long before puberty.

Just repeating (for instance) "Driving fast is dangerous" twenty times doesn't make it any more correct than than it was the first time.

Hi Fred - I find myself having to repeat over and over again - 'do you have any evidence to back that up?'

I also have to repeat certain points because a fair few posters don't check a few pages back to see if their point has already been discussed.

I feel these are acceptable instances of repetition.

23 posts including 11 from one person and you need to ask.:huh:

What's wrong with that?

I try to answer each point raised by someone else. You'll no doubt notice that most of the following posts from the thread start contain a quote! :suspect:

Archived