Do threads only get more posts if there's a good argument?

This is clearly aimed at a being a self fulfilling prophesy. Sad bloke with nothing better to do starts thread titled "Do threads only get more posts if there's a good argument?"

Post on it himself a few hundred times then claims it as a thread that gets many posts. :loopy:

I'll come back and take a look in a few hours to see if same team is still working at the numbers game.

How ridiculous!...Posts on it a few hundred times?...A slight exaggeration there me thinks!

This is clearly aimed at a being a self fulfilling prophesy. Sad bloke with nothing better to do starts thread titled "Do threads only get more posts if there's a good argument?"

Post on it himself a few hundred times then claims it as a thread that gets many posts. :loopy:

I'll come back and take a look in a few hours to see if same team is still working at the numbers game.

Strangely over the top response to a pretty innocuous discussion.

Nothing wrong with the thread at all.

(That's one more post to add to the tally.)

Interesting thread and out of curiosity I filtered the threads into the number of replies to see the most common ones and the following is the top 10.

1. The stop smoking megathread

2. 9/11 Conspiracy theories

3. God doesn’t exist

4. Need help with Ebay (not sure how that could be dragged out)

5. Everything you have eaten today

6. No evidence for global warming

7. BNP megathread

8. God doesn’t exist part 2

9. Madeline McCann

10. The new Islam

I’m a bit surprised at these to be honest, there aren’t any real political ones in the top 10.

Your forgetting the various mentions of the police helicopter and body bags at Meadowall that could be merged. Also the highly interesting tattoo megathread.

I can't understand why folks don't come on here, have a look around, post on an argumentative thread if they want, or post on a "nice" Mrs Overall thread...:hihi:

I know nice is probably a tad boring to some, controversial threads can be uplifting to others depends on what you want from SF...

Personally, I feel life's too short to be arguing at every hands turn, though I can hold my own, some on here would run rings round me..:hihi: so I don't bother..

Think there's a place for nice and argumentative, just as one doesn't overtake the other all the time, which argumentative sometimes does..:(

I have noticed - on other forums too - as soon as there is a conflict there are more people 'viewing'

should we fake an argument and see what happens sometime?

Strangely over the top response to a pretty innocuous discussion.

Nothing wrong with the thread at all.

(That's one more post to add to the tally.)

Iv'e got quite used to having a bit of a disagreement now and then,you expect it on a more emotive or serious thread,but only when i feel strongly about a subject, and never just for the sake of arguing.

On this post however i'm agreeing with those comments youv'e made.

Archived