Ban fireworks and legalise weed?

Should we ban fireworks and legalise weed?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Should we ban fireworks and legalise weed?

• Ban fireworks, legalise weed.
    • Ban them both.
    • Both should be legal.
    • Keep the system how it is.

Maintaining the status quo doesn't require proof of enjoyment, banning something requires clear proof of harm.

So basically your saying that for a few weeks before bonfire night you get annoyed at fireworks and so they should be banned, overreact much.

legalise weed you wouldnt be in a fit state to light fireworks safely anyway, so a good idea for that point op. why legalise weed? Have you seen what it does mentally to some who use it? id stick with the fireworks matey...Dont try smokin them though!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Nope. I've not made an argument for banning them. I even said I wasn't a fan of banning things.

So how did you end up arguing with me, my position has been that they shouldn't be banned, a position you apparently agree with...

In fact, didn't you suggest rather draconian restrictions about when they could be sold which would in effect be a ban for 364 days of they year?

So how did you end up arguing with me, my position has been that they shouldn't be banned, a position you apparently agree with...

I just put forward a case that they create more harm than they do pleasure. I'd like them to be banned, certainly. However I'm not egotistical enough to think my whim is sufficient reason. :)

didn't you suggest rather draconian restrictions about when they could be sold which would in effect be a ban for 364 days of they year?

I put the idea forward for discussion. Yes.

Archived