Remember Parking Lights On Cars Years Ago ?

This not a Irish joke but a true story.

late 50s you had to show a rear faceing light on a vehicle when parked at night.

Went to southern ireland on holiday one night was in local picture house, middle of film the lights went up and a local polce officer stood on the stage and asked for the owner of a certain car, I went out to meet him and was told to swich off my lights as he did not want to be pushing my car when the battery had gone flat when we came out of the pictures him included, we then went in and the film was restarted.

god it's many years stnce i've seen one of thoughs along with the old traficator flug system were a plastic orange flag came out of the door pillars, and not forgetting the dip switch which was on the floor near the clutch peddle my old feler just a few years before he died would use the old hand signals winding the window down and sticking his arm out, waving up and down, round and round, can remember having thhose on an old morris oxford i had the firt car i ever had. never seen one of those since the 60s

Archived