We should know who the criminals are!

One thing that really irks me is that a convicted criminal can walk past me in the street and I would not know that he is a convicted criminal! The chances are that if he has committed a crime once, he will do it again. I think that I have a RIGHT to know who they are!!!

To this end I would suggest that a fitting punishment and warning system for proper people would be something audible that they MUST wear all the time. Such a device would warn the public constantly about the sins of the wearer.

A handbag snatcher walking down the street would be emitting "Beware I am a convicted handbag snatcher" sounds every few seconds.

This would give proper people fair warning and also punish the criminal.

NO MORE ANONIMITY!:)

"Beware I am a mugger!":hihi::hihi:

You know it makes sense!

I wish mods changed peoples avatars on here so others don't get duped into conversing with trolls like you.

Q: what proportion of the UK's population has at least one criminal conviction (for anything)?

I bet that it's about 20-25%!

Well I am not one of them. The audible signals could be removed if the offender stays out of trouble for say 3 years. It would give excellent motivation for people to mend their ways, but should not be applied for speeding offences.

You'd never get any peace tho.

"Warning, convicted speeder"

"warning, didn't pay their council tax"

"Warning, convicted of littering"

"Warning, Section 5 public order offence"

I suppose that on some estates on Sheffield it could actually become a status symbol, such that someone emitting the message "Warning shoplifter" would feel inferior to someone emitting "Warning Convicted of GBH"":roll::D

The problem is you could be constantly walking past all these neerdowells every time you went out and could come home feeling seriously depressed

But if one was emitting the sounds "Beware handbag snatcher" you would know to watch out. Crime would drop by 10% per year with my system.:cool:

Archived