Are You Looking Forward To Christmas? Really?

I don't enjoy Christmas these days ..Since losing my eldest Son in 08 , i'd rather it come and go , ..i realise i ought to make an effort ....but life's so empty without him :sad:

For the very same reason I also hate Xmas & I really hate everyone going on at me to get in the Xmas spirit. Xmas is a family time so how can you be cheerful of a time that runs your face in the fact most of your family are dead?

I'm looking forward to it as a time to spend with our children and grandchildren. I love Boxing day, for the last couple of years we wrap up warm and take the leftovers from Christmas day for a picnic. The little ones run about and get tired (good move) and we get some fresh air and exercise after stuffing our faces and (some of us) drinking too much the day before. ;)

I love Christmas, always have, I still love to see the kids open their presents & their 26,27 & 30. The best of all is watching the grandkids faces light up when they open theirs, then its dinner at mum in laws, then we have a houseful BD long may it continue.

Glad its only once a year though couldn't afford 2

I don't mind Christmas day but the build up starting at the end of September really p's me off.

As for carols in store and the Sally army bands, for some reason probably due to something in childhood, make me severely miserable.

Archived