Caning to cure-only in Russia.

Just seen this article on a medical news site, and wondered what the good people of Sheffield think.

In the same way that alternative therapies (like homeopathy & reflexology) are not available on the NHS, it is highly unlikely that this therapy ever will be also. What do you think?

http://www.news-medical.net/news/2005/03/29/8788.aspx

I think it works on a similar principle to banging your head on a brick wall, cos it's nice when you stop! :loopy:

(Thank you moderators)

Back to the discussion. I am interested in the endorphin effect from “pain”. I’m very keen to understand if other elements of pain can release the endorphins at will. Anyone got thoughts on that (from experience)

Ah...it's been 'trimmed'...Oh well.

I'm afraid I don't have too much experience of pain as such. But I know if say you have toothache, it concentrates your mind so that you can't really think of anything else. So in a way it prioritises the levels of ailment.

I suppose if scientist have studied it's effects there must be some element of 'science' to the practice, but I really can't see it 'catching on'.

Archived