Male and Female insurance premiums to be levelled.

But, on average, young male whippersnappers cost the insurance companies more than young female ones. Hence the current difference in premiums.

I read somewhere that women have just as many accidents as men...generally. The difference being, that men tend to drive more expensive cars, which consequently means they are more expensive to fix, or replace.

I read somewhere that women have just as many accidents as men...generally. The difference being, that men tend to drive more expensive cars, which consequently means they are more expensive to fix, or replace.

I think Sibon is talking about young lads thinking they're Jensen Button in a corsa :)

I've read otherwise. Males under 25 are involved in more accidents than females under 25. They are also more likely to fail a breath test after an accident.

I think Sibon is talking about young lads thinking they're Jensen Button in a corsa :)

Not only Corsas. I saw one in a Fiat 500 yesterday.:D

I've read otherwise. Males under 25 are involved in more accidents than females under 25. They are also more likely to fail a breath test after an accident.

Well I suppose it depends what you read and who published it I suppose. I'm not at odds with your assertion though.

They will still use age as a factor in the premiums, it's just that it will price a lot of females out of driving at all....indeed as it does with a lot of young male drivers.

Well I suppose it depends what you read and who published it I suppose. I'm not at odds with your assertion though.

They will still use age as a factor in the premiums, it's just that it will price a lot of females out of driving at all....indeed as it does with a lot of young male drivers.

It is an interesting subject really. According to Brake, 1 in 60 young male drivers will be involved in a fatal accident. That is an astonishing stat in my opinion.

Anyway, I paid high premiums as a young male driver. I don't see why others should get away with it.:)

It is an interesting subject really. According to Brake, 1 in 60 young male drivers will be involved in a fatal accident. That is an astonishing stat in my opinion.

Anyway, I paid high premiums as a young male driver. I don't see why others should get away with it.:)[/QUOTE]

Even in my day in the early 70's the insurance was completely stupid. I paid £15 for my first car (Austin A40) and I can't remember how much the insurance was back then, but I know it was a really silly price....Possibly accounting for inflation just as much as the gap is these days.

Doesn't make it right though!!! :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-20030285

So, the ruling is in effect an equality ruling. Do female drivers on the forum expect to pay huge rises in their premiums? It's highly unlikely that the mens premium will be lowered to meet half way.

Is it fair for insurers to just hike the cost of female premiums, for no extra benefit, just to comply with an EU court ruling? They will effectively get this extra money for nothing!

Thoughts?

This is all about car insurance, legalised theft.

Does anyone really believe that mens premiums will be lowered to the levels of female insurance?

My prediction, mens to go up again next year by an eyewatering amount, and womens premiums to match the mens

Archived