Male and Female insurance premiums to be levelled.

Maybe,on average, young whippersnappers have more of a habit of costing the insurance companies money than older drivers?

Sure, and that's why the difference in price. What I mean is why is that ok but differences in pricing for gender aren't ok?

All it's going to mean is an increase in price for females so no one wins apart from the insurance companies.

For me a service that is legally required by Government should be under control by the Government, NOT private companies looking for profit.

Currently there is little regulation of the insurance industry and what regulation exists is inadequately powered against the insurance giants.

In my opinion car insurance should be a flat-rate for everyone, new drivers, old and inbetween and premiums should only increase if you're in an accident.

Charging new driver thousands because they MIGHT drive like a tool and crash is ridiculous. It's sort of guilty until proven innocent.

That's exactly what will happen. So the insurance companies get a free windfall courtesy of EU beurocracy.

It's irritated me for years that women get cheaper car insurance than men. But this isn't quite what I had in mind to solve the problem!

They dont get cheaper insurance as most women drive those diddy cars and fat blokes drive round in monsters.If women drove gas guzzlers and men drove minis then the priemiumswoud be equalised.Dont go blaming the EU as they take a wider view of the issues we face,not one that stops at Chesterfield,Worksop and Barnsley.

Isn't the idea of insurance to spread the risk equally amongst everyone?

I can understand that insurance companies will increase the premiums of wilfully risky drivers who have caused accidents or who have convictions for bad riving, but just for being male or female, old or young, seems wrong.

Isn't the idea of insurance to spread the risk equally amongst everyone?

I can understand that insurance companies will increase the premiums of wilfully risky drivers who have caused accidents or who have convictions for bad riving, but just for being male or female, old or young, seems wrong.

Yes but there are factors which can influence the chance of risky drivers and these include age gender and occupation.

are we going to see an end to women only gyms etc and other sexism towards men now?

that would be fine with me if we could also see the end of unequal pay and all the other discrimination against women (especially the worldwide culture that favours men over women)

Yes but there are factors which can influence the chance of risky drivers and these include age gender and occupation.

What about men who have sex-change operations?

Do they somehow become safer drivers once the anesthetic wears off?

Are Lady Boys safer drivers for example?

What about men who have sex-change operations?

Do they somehow become safer drivers once the anesthetic wears off?

Are Lady Boys safer drivers for example?

That is a pretty small sub-sample of the population.

In general, women drivers cost the insurance companies less than men. Young men cost much more than young women.

Ladyboys wouldn't have a significant impact upon that. They will, however, have been factored into the existing premiums.

This is all about car insurance, legalised theft.

Tell you what then..hypothetically...I'll give you my insurance premium ( currently £180 for fully comp) and you agree to pay any costs I am liable for if I cause an accident...does it seem a good deal to you?

Archived