Male and Female insurance premiums to be levelled.

Tell you what then..hypothetically...I'll give you my insurance premium ( currently £180 for fully comp) and you agree to pay any costs I am liable for if I cause an accident...does it seem a good deal to you?

I'm slightly puzzled by your post here Truman. What point are you making?

Surely you can't agree that the disparity between a young male driver being charges thousands of pounds, yet the same aged female is a mere fraction of that (given the same vehicle of course). Yes we know that statistically, the male is more likely to have a problem. But it's unproven in individual circumstances. It's like being found guilty of an offence before it ever goes to court!

Surely you can't agree that the disparity between a young male driver being charges thousands of pounds, yet the same aged female is a mere fraction of that (given the same vehicle of course). Yes we know that statistically, the male is more likely to have a problem. But it's unproven in individual circumstances. It's like being found guilty of an offence before it ever goes to court!

If you see the post I was quoting it'll all become clear...

Don't be so cryptic. The quoted post was to do with legalised theft. How does your hypothesis address that?

Read the part I quoted...I don't consider it theft to pay £180 to get millions of pouds worth of cover...is that simple enough for you to grasp?

Read the part I quoted...I don't consider it theft to pay £180 to get millions of pouds worth of cover...is that simple enough for you to grasp?

I don't think there's any need for sarcasm, I asked a perfectly reasonable question, and quite politely too. So please don't play the I'm cleverer than you card!

Would you still think it reasonable if you were 17 and charged thousands of pounds?

I don't think there's any need for sarcasm, I asked a perfectly reasonable question, and quite politely too. So please don't play the I'm cleverer than you card!

Would you still think it reasonable if you were 17 and charged thousands of pounds?

I thought the post you questioned was perfectly clear...I think a lot of things are expensive..if I think they are too expensive I won't buy them..without seeing the insurance companies costs etc how can you say what a "reasonable" price is..? It looks like they lose money on car insurance..

"British car insurers paid out 106 pounds ($170) in claims and expenses last year for every 100 pounds they took in premiums, taking their collective underwriting loss to about 600 million pounds, Deloitte said on Thursday."

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2012/05/24/uk-insurance-cars-idUKBRE84N15P20120524

I thought the post you questioned was perfectly clear...I think a lot of things are expensive..if I think they are too expensive I won't buy them..without seeing the insurance companies costs etc how can you say what a "reasonable" price is..? It looks like they lose money on car insurance..

"British car insurers paid out 106 pounds ($170) in claims and expenses last year for every 100 pounds they took in premiums, taking their collective underwriting loss to about 600 million pounds, Deloitte said on Thursday."

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2012/05/24/uk-insurance-cars-idUKBRE84N15P20120524

So if the insurance cost is too expensive you won't buy them? How would that work for a young male driver being asked to pay thousands of pounds for his insurance? Just not bother to drive?....Or worse, drive with no insurance!

The article you linked says that most of the loss is attributed to no win no fee lawyers, and personal injury claims. That's a culture thing in society these days, not a reflection that it's the genuine cost of insurance.

It's the false 'whiplash' injury claims that should be tackled by the insurance companies, not simply load the premiums of perfectly innocent people just because they fall into a certain age category.

I know someone who has a claim in now for whiplash injury being a passenger in a very minor traffic incident. He's no more got whiplash than I have. He's just put a claim in because he knows that they won't bother to investigate and will just simply pay out! That's what needs to be stopped!

So if the insurance cost is too expensive you won't buy them? How would that work for a young male driver being asked to pay thousands of pounds for his insurance? Just not bother to drive?....Or worse, drive with no insurance!

The article you linked says that most of the loss is attributed to no win no fee lawyers, and personal injury claims. That's a culture thing in society these days, not a reflection that it's the genuine cost of insurance.

It's the false 'whiplash' injury claims that should be tackled by the insurance companies, not simply load the premiums of perfectly innocent people just because they fall into a certain age category.

I know someone who has a claim in now for whiplash injury being a passenger in a very minor traffic incident. He's no more got whiplash than I have. He's just put a claim in because he knows that they won't bother to investigate and will just simply pay out! That's what needs to be stopped!

Do you think a young driver who has no track record should only have to pay the same as someone with 10 years plus of accident free,claim free driving? How much would you charge a 17/18 year old for insurance? How many of the whiplash claims come from accidents caused by young drivers..?

but the statistics prove that a young male driver is more likely to have a costly accident-thats the point.

If they build up lots of no claims whilst a bad female driver has lots of accidents then that individual will pay more.

Do you think a young driver who has no track record should only have to pay the same as someone with 10 years plus of accident free,claim free driving? How much would you charge a 17/18 year old for insurance? How many of the whiplash claims come from accidents caused by young drivers..?

Ok have it your way, it's completely fair and equitable! :suspect:

Archived