Male and Female insurance premiums to be levelled.

Well it's never the case that your premium will entirely cover the cost of repairs now is it?

Which is why the cost is spread across everyone's policies, with the amount you pay dependent upon which demographic you fall into... with each demographic giving the statistical liklihood that you will be involved in an accident.

jb

No,but there'll be an even bigger gap with your suggestion...who will make up the difference?

You're assuming the level of claims will be the same as it it now, with miss whiplash (ooops wrong thread) injuries!...They need to sort that out first!..As I said!

Sorry to butt in Pete/Truman

I would like to know if insurance companies work to some sort of formulae when quoting a premium.

I have just been given 10 quotes from a provider which ranged from £180.00 to £7953.25?

Even after taking the cheaper option I was still pushed to buy legal insurance, recovery etc.

Just wondered if anyone knew (apart from the postcode lottery).

Please carry on guys.

Sorry to butt in Pete/Truman

I would like to know if insurance companies work to some sort of formulae when quoting a premium.

I have just been given 10 quotes from a provider which ranged from £180.00 to £7953.25?

Even after taking the cheaper option I was still pushed to buy legal insurance, recovery etc.

Just wondered if anyone knew (apart from the postcode lottery).

Please carry on guys.

Your guess is as good as mone Monkey. I've been on the comparison sites and got that sort of variation too. How the various quotes can be som wildly conflicting, I have no idea! It makes no sense at all to me. Which is why I firmly believe we're all being screwed!

Your guess is as good as mone Monkey. I've been on the comparison sites and got that sort of variation too. How the various quotes can be som wildly conflicting, I have no idea! It makes no sense at all to me. Which is why I firmly believe we're all being screwed!

It is because each insurance company has its own database ,and because each uses various formulae to calculate the premium.It is no conspiracy,and Britain is the cheapest place in the EU for insurance.try to relax about this issue and shop around,but avoid comparison sites as they are rigged.

It is because each insurance company has its own database ,and because each uses various formulae to calculate the premium.It is no conspiracy,and Britain is the cheapest place in the EU for insurance.try to relax about this issue and shop around,but avoid comparison sites as they are rigged.

Comparison sites are rigged? There's no conspiracy?...How does that work then?

Archived