Clothes that clean themselves and the environment.

you refuse to acknowledge what is a truth... because it doesn't fit your properganda......there are oppertunities to grow food out there....people might just have to grow up a bit and make a bit of effort or join up with other people.....

there are plenty of unlet allotments in sheffield - they need clearing of undergrowth and rubbish.....and there are plenty of community initiatives.. so you can grow your own food if you want...... and how long ave you been on the list, if you are at all.....

The waiting lists for any allotment sites worth working in Sheffield, are huge.

You can get a plot, but only on sites that nobody else wants. They usually don't want them because of vandalism and thefts.

there are plenty of unlet allotments in sheffield - they need clearing of undergrowth and rubbish.....and there are plenty of community initiatives.. so you can grow your own food if you want...... and how long ave you been on the list, if you are at all.....

I am on 2 lists, one I have been on for 8 years, I have since left the area - there would be no point in taking an allotment there anymore - unles I could sublet it on the sly to a friend (not for profit of course), the other list I have been on for 3 years, I regularly ring up and request a plot.

you refuse to acknowledge what is a truth... because it doesn't fit your properganda......there are oppertunities to grow food out there....people might just have to grow up a bit and make a bit of effort or join up with other people.....

Parvo - I recently grew food on somebody's garden, they decided to move and all my hard work was wasted. I have been attending allotment meetings on allotments near me (the only non plot holder to do so), it has not bumped me up the list. They have extended the allotments and there are new plots, but I won't get one, not until a few of the plot-holders die or give up. Currently number 17 on the list, down from 22 last year.

NB- don't always expect me to reply to your posts, I will try to do so, but I'm finding it quite tedious, and I don't have to reply unless I want to.

NB- don't always expect me to reply to your posts, I will try to do so, but I'm finding it quite tedious, and I don't have to reply unless I want to.

__________________Thats fine but when you post something thats totally untrue (eg the nhs staff wage levels and causes offence to people who KNOW differently) do not be surprised when you get repeated challenges to either clarify or retract your statements.

The waiting lists for any allotment sites worth working in Sheffield, are huge.

You can get a plot, but only on sites that nobody else wants. They usually don't want them because of vandalism and thefts.

Allotments are hard work-there has been years of neglect,it would be interesting to know what percentage were let 15 years ago, when there were barely/no waiting lists and we were losing sites and they have been used as illegal rubbish dumps (I bet it was less than 50%)The sites that are desirable are generally the result of very hard work and often numerous skips (generally paid for by allotmenteers).

Vandalism and theft will always be a problem.. the council is fencing gradually but it is expensive Unfortunately due to health and safety rules the council is usually reluctant to let the bad plots due to fear of litigation even though people are often willing to take them. (Personally I really disagree with that, if groups are willing to clear some they should get first choice and I'm sure people myself included would contribute occasional time and effort on blitz some grotty allotment days)

there are community groups doing allotments, andd community growing initiatives, there is grow sheffield, abundance, guerilla gardeners for a start off. maybe there is something there for you?

Allotments are hard work-there has been years of neglect,it would be interesting to know what percentage were let 15 years ago, when there were barely/no waiting lists and we were losing sites and they have been used as illegal rubbish dumps (I bet it was less than 50%)The sites that are desirable are generally the result of very hard work and often numerous skips (generally paid for by allotmenteers).

Vandalism and theft will always be a problem.. the council is fencing gradually but it is expensive Unfortunately due to health and safety rules the council is usually reluctant to let the bad plots due to fear of litigation even though people are often willing to take them. (Personally I really disagree with that, if groups are willing to clear some they should get first choice and I'm sure people myself included would contribute occasional time and effort on blitz some grotty allotment days)

there are community groups doing allotments, andd community growing initiatives, there is grow sheffield, abundance, guerilla gardeners for a start off. maybe there is something there for you?

I have my own, ta.

I got it seven years ago, after a three year wait.

The council have no plans to fence our site. They probably have no need to, to be fair. Others are not so lucky.

That doesn't alter the fact that it is next to impossible to get a decent allotment in Sheffield, at the moment. It really doesn't have to be that way.

I have my own, ta.

I got it seven years ago, after a three year wait.

The council have no plans to fence our site. They probably have no need to, to be fair. Others are not so lucky.

That doesn't alter the fact that it is next to impossible to get a decent allotment in Sheffield, at the moment. It really doesn't have to be that way.

there's lots there-well in some areas there are-at eth meetings last year there were people begging to be allowed to tackle the bad unlet ones but the council allotment people were having none of it.

Whilst in the litigous society we live in I can understand it in a way t it must be so frustrating for those willing to hire skips and chain saws and take them on.

I've had mine nearly 15 years and well less than 50% were let in our area, on some sites less than 10% and they were in such a state this is why there are so few decent ones Its historical neglect due to lack of interest when they were out of fashion.-I had trailer loads of bad rubbish to get rid of-one couple had to hire a large skip and then FILLED it just off their own allotment) I left most the glass(and the half a car body) it goes feet down:(

there's lots there-well in some areas there are-at eth meetings last year there were people begging to be allowed to tackle the bad unlet ones but the council allotment people were having none of it.

Whilst in the litigous society we live in I can understand it in a way t it must be so frustrating for those willing to hire skips and chain saws and take them on.

I've had mine nearly 15 years and well less than 50% were let in our area, on some sites less than 10% and they were in such a state this is why there are so few decent ones Its historical neglect due to lack of interest when they were out of fashion.-I had trailer loads of bad rubbish to get rid of-one couple had to hire a large skip and then FILLED it just off their own allotment) I left most the glass(and the half a car body) it goes feet down:(

Absolute rubbish. The waiting list on our site is ten years and rising.

If you want a plot in Sheffield, you need to look at the sites in and around the Manor. They have some big problems though, hence, the availability.

Nothing to do with litigation, or historical neglect. Just demand outstripping supply. The supply could easily be increased.

Absolute rubbish. The waiting list on our site is ten years and rising.

If you want a plot in Sheffield, you need to look at the sites in and around the Manor. They have some big problems though, hence, the availability.

Nothing to do with litigation, or historical neglect. Just demand outstripping supply. The supply could easily be increased.

I only know about some of the areas, it seems not yours.

if the council were willing to let more people clear them it would help generally though, I know people who are in one site but really want another-hence another block in the system

Archived