Clothes that clean themselves and the environment.

Absolute rubbish. The waiting list on our site is ten years and rising.

If you want a plot in Sheffield, you need to look at the sites in and around the Manor. They have some big problems though, hence, the availability.

Nothing to do with litigation, or historical neglect. Just demand outstripping supply. The supply could easily be increased.

The Manor suffered massively from pathfinder. Lots of people had to move - therefore less people into growing their own in the immediate area, proximity to allotments is important!

The Manor suffered massively from pathfinder. Lots of people had to move - therefore less people into growing their own in the immediate area, proximity to allotments is important!

I'm 1.3 miles from mine.

It makes a lovely walk.

NB- don't always expect me to reply to your posts, I will try to do so, but I'm finding it quite tedious, and I don't have to reply unless I want to.

__________________Thats fine but when you post something thats totally untrue (eg the nhs staff wage levels and causes offence to people who KNOW differently) do not be surprised when you get repeated challenges to either clarify or retract your statements.

There is degree of premium pay in the NHS vs the private sector. It is not as large as it used to be, but there still is a pay difference, albeit not as significant as a few years previously. I take it you work in the NHS?

There is degree of premium pay in the NHS vs the private sector. It is not as large as it used to be, but there still is a pay difference, albeit not as significant as a few years previously. I take it you work in the NHS?

not for basic office workers-who start on a low rate-it does go up but they are supposed to increase their skills to match.

and not all public sector workers are on premium rates of pay-there are a lot of different jobs and responsibilities in the nhs and other public sector-some are better and some are worse paid compared tothe private sector. I will acknowledge that there are often better conditions and protection but these are being eroded-and rather than attacking the public sector I believe it shoul be fought for.

I know a range of public sector workers. I just googled nhs pay scale to get the range

not for basic office workers-who start on a low rate-it does go up but they are supposed to increase their skills to match.

and not all public sector workers are on premium rates of pay-there are a lot of different jobs and responsibilities in the nhs and other public sector-some are better and some are worse paid compared tothe private sector. I will acknowledge that there are often better conditions and protection but these are being eroded-and rather than attacking the public sector I believe it shoul be fought for.

I know a range of public sector workers. I just googled nhs pay scale to get the range

So did I. I have worked in both public and private sector. Whilst the public sector was better to work for by far, it seems to be less so now going on what I have heard. However I wonder if management have lost their perks like everybody else!

The only thing the private sector is better for than the public sector is overtime.

The waiting lists for any allotment sites worth working in Sheffield, are huge.

You can get a plot, but only on sites that nobody else wants. They usually don't want them because of vandalism and thefts.

Just found some info out on the waiting lists/demand for allotments...

We carried out surveys of the allotment waiting lists in England in 2009 and 2010. The 2009

survey estimated an average of 49 people waiting per 100 plots [4]. This was a large

increase on the previous complete survey of allotment wailing lists in England, which was

carried out in 1996 by the National Society of Allotment and Leisure Gardeners [5], and

found an average of 4 people waiting per 100 plots. The 2010 survey found a further

increase to an estimated average of 59 people waiting per 100 plots [4].

http://www.brainpan.co.uk/nsalg/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/ttwk_nsalg_survey_2011.pdf

Archived