Help with Dermatitis

For the past 3 weeks I've had a annoying rash on my hands and wrists that is sore and itchy. There are tiny blister like spots under my skin that are maddeningly itchy.

I'm almost certain it was caused by an allergic reaction to a cream that I put on after my hands became chapped after doing some gardening.

Been to the chemist and got some Hydrocortisone Cream which in the main has worked. However it advises to use for no more than a week.

I've tried E45 which made the problem worse (have used this in the past with no adverse reaction), now am trying Vaseline intensive Care, which is okay but not really doing anything.

Anyone had allergic dermatitis before? Suggestions for tratment would be most welcome.

It could well be infected. Go to the doctors. They will probably prescribe you an antibiotic cream with hydrocortisone added to it. Usually, they give you Fucibet. Try to screw two tubes out of the same prescription, it works like magic and you'll be glad of a reserve tube.

Don't hang about though, bacterial skin infections can get really nasty.

For the past 3 weeks I've had a annoying rash on my hands and wrists that is sore and itchy. There are tiny blister like spots under my skin that are maddeningly itchy.

I'm almost certain it was caused by an allergic reaction to a cream that I put on after my hands became chapped after doing some gardening.

Been to the chemist and got some Hydrocortisone Cream which in the main has worked. However it advises to use for no more than a week.

I've tried E45 which made the problem worse (have used this in the past with no adverse reaction), now am trying Vaseline intensive Care, which is okay but not really doing anything.

Anyone had allergic dermatitis before? Suggestions for tratment would be most welcome.

I had something similar, some time ago ... I tried hayfever tablets. They worked really well! Don't buy the expensive rip-off stuff ... any own-brand stuff at a quarter (or less) of the price is just as good! :thumbsup:

Chap must have something wrong with him. Tell him to see Dr Hembir.

I had something similar, some time ago ... I tried hayfever tablets. They worked really well! Don't buy the expensive rip-off stuff ... any own-brand stuff at a quarter (or less) of the price is just as good! :thumbsup:

Wonder if they work for psoriasis

Archived