Should women be banned from being panelists on Question Time?

Women have just as much credence as a man. Simples.

Angel.

If they were elected of merit I would agree with you.

but so many have been parachuted into safe seats that is seldom the case.

It's sad, but quotas don't work.

Give me politicians like Ann Cryer and Caroline Flint all day long, but get rid of the Smiths and McCaffertys.

If they were elected of merit I would agree with you.

but so many have been parachuted into safe seats that is seldom the case.

It's sad, but quotas don't work.

Give me politicians like Ann Cryer and Caroline Flint all day long, but get rid of the Smiths and McCaffertys.

Aye much truth in your point. Some of them are parachuted into "safe" seats.

Angel.

Which is how we end up with inept quota-fillers like Angela Smith, Christine McCafferty and the like.

Angela Smith is my MP. I have found her to be more than competent based on the direct dealings I have had with her as a constituent.

I am sure she could hold her own on Newsnight :cool:

Angela Smith is also my MP, a woman so in touch with her constituency that she quit a Treasury post in Brown's government at the height of the financial crisis and the very week that they closed a steel plant that was the largest employer in her constituency because she wanted to devote more time to campaigning for coastal footpaths! An issue of great concern to all of us in North Sheffield!

When asked to coment upon how important she had been to Brown's treasury team, Matthew Parris commented: "She's not even the most important Angela Smith in the government"

Archived