Movember - Tash growing month

It's for prostate cancer :|

the same points apply. It's so unrelated to the issue I can't even remember the medical problem its "making people aware of". Its not like there are people who haven't heard of it and it does nothing to help people spot the signs. Its just an excuse for men not to bother shaving.

How about if I stop shaving my legs for breast cancer-will people sponsor me then:loopy:

I don't really get it either. It seems to be much more about the moustache than raising awareness.

I only shave every fortnight anyway because my stubble grows very slowly. This means I can never stand to get through the itchy phase because it lasts forever. It does mean I don't have to take any shaving stuff on holiday though. Swings and roundabouts I suppose.

Good luck to all those taking part.

I would really like to see the outrage on this forum if I make a thread "hey Breast cancer it's not that bad get over it"

Are you claiming that disagreeing that a novelty tasche is in any way raising awareness of anything means that you approve of male illness:huh:

You probably got no sponsorship money because it requires no effort whatsoever. If you do a marathon you will get sponsorship money-you are not going to get as much for sitting in a bath of beans or growing a tasche.

I agree that there is only a point to doing this if you are being sponsored or raising some cash, however little, towards the cause. Otherwise you are just growing some facial hair for the sake of it :D

People can debate what is and is not worth sponsorship in their opinion, however I think each to their own and ultimately as long as donations are going to the charity, what does it really matter? Someone could simply say, I am raising money for the prostate cancer charity or any other, and not 'do' anything as such - but why not make it fun and more of a talking point? (which it has been!) Surely that can only help the cause.. OK there are people who a) hate moustaches b) think it is a silly thing to do c) think it does not raise awareness at all..(it does..!) You can't please everyone.

This thread is for those who think it is a good idea :) to share experiences and have a bit of a banter.

My OH has a very personal reason for doing this and he could as well have done a bungee jump or got one of those baked bean baths - people would have backed him all the same :thumbsup: He has a facebook page and quite a lot of people have found out about it that way. I haven't always been a facebok fan but it's certainly great for sponsorship/fundraising!

Good luck lads (and long suffering lasses lol!)

Archived