Movember - Tash growing month

I agree that there is only a point to doing this if you are being sponsored or raising some cash, however little, towards the cause. Otherwise you are just growing some facial hair for the sake of it :D

People can debate what is and is not worth sponsorship in their opinion, however I think each to their own and ultimately as long as donations are going to the charity, what does it really matter? Someone could simply say, I am raising money for the prostate cancer charity or any other, and not 'do' anything as such - but why not make it fun and more of a talking point? (which it has been!) Surely that can only help the cause.. OK there are people who a) hate moustaches b) think it is a silly thing to do c) think it does not raise awareness at all..(it does..!) You can't please everyone.

This thread is for those who think it is a good idea :) to share experiences and have a bit of a banter.

My OH has a very personal reason for doing this and he could as well have done a bungee jump or got one of those baked bean baths - people would have backed him all the same :thumbsup: He has a facebook page and quite a lot of people have found out about it that way. I haven't always been a facebok fan but it's certainly great for sponsorship/fundraising!

Good luck lads (and long suffering lasses lol!)

I apologise I wasn't aware we were only allowed to comment if we thought it was a good idea.

I was not going to let the idea that "if we think it is a stupid exercise we approve of cancer" comment go unchallenged as that is clearly stupid.

I apologise I wasn't aware we were only allowed to comment if we thought it was a good idea.

I was not going to let the idea that "if we think it is a stupid exercise we approve of cancer" comment go unchallenged as that is clearly stupid.

Look.If you don't want to grow a tache then don't.

I did this in the very first year, none of you cared when I asked for sponsorship so stuff the lot of you. :|

I'm sure if someone posted on here with their sponsorship page now, there would be some donations, I have already made a large donation on my partner's page but would happily contribute a few pounds to support a fellow tash grower :)

The Rules:

Each Mo Bro must begin the 1st of Movember with a clean shaven face.

For the entire month each Mo Bro must grow and groom a moustache.

There is to be no joining of the mo to the sideburns (that’s considered a beard)

There’s to be no joining of the handlebars to the chin (that’s considered a goatee)

Each Mo Bro must conduct himself like a true gentleman.

A Mo Sista is essentially a woman who loves a Mo. An individual that is dedicated to supporting the Mo Bros in her life through their moustache growing journey; whether it be a friend, colleague, family member or partner. These inspirational women are committed to raising awareness of men's health issues and much needed funds for men's health along the way.

In answer to the first point, there is no need for sarcasm. For fear of starting an argument about the freedom of speech, yes this thread is open to everyone :rolleyes: but generally the idea was to share experiences and encouragement. I suppose you could say that anyone could go on, say, a forum or thread for those who like a certain pastime/team/artist etc and say stuff along the lines of 'it's crap and I don't like it', indeed that happens a lot on here, even on threads such as 'who is going to such and such gig?' inevitable someone will post simply to say what a rubbish band it is. Personally I can't see the point. Ah well. Rant over..

As for your second point, nobody said any such thing and that is a ridiculous suggestion.

I can't speak for everyone, but I for one would approve of anything, anything at all, that helps raise funds, even small amounts, to support cancer research and treatment. Some of the things that people do I may not be into myself, or think it is a daft thing to do, but if it does nobody harm then why on earth not..??! If someone wants to stand on one leg for 10 hours and some daft sod wants to sponsor him for £10k, what does it matter? You could say, ahh but the said daft sod should simply donate £10k to a charity, why dress it up...but, today, sometimes people need to be reminded/given awareness, whichever way. It's the ends not the means!:)

• 2 weeks later...

Firstly Movember is a talking point and here's a link that goes a little way to explaining it's effectiveness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Rnb6NmypnIE

Secondly as well as raising awareness, Movember UK directly supports Prostate Cancer UK and The Institute Of Cancer Recearch

Thirdly My Mospace is here & if anyone wants to donate no matter how small it would be very welcome;

http://mobro.co/jamieparker2

And finally My band are hosting an official Movember Party this Friday the 30th Movember at The Dog & Partridge on Trippet Lane and anybody's welcome to come down. We've got an Evolution Powertool, a gallon of ale & some vino to get rid of. More details on our website below

Archived